Change language | Schimba limba: Romanian
This is a vegan creamy carrot soup recipe with ginger and potatoes. You’ll love the sweet and spicy flavor and creamy texture!
There are three types of recipes I am absolutely crazy about: veggie burgers/patties, hummus and creamy soups! I could eat these everyday! I always experiment, when it comes to veggie burgers and creamy soups, as I love creating new recipes with unusual, but delicios ingredient combinations. I encourage you to do the same! Cooking should be fun
This time I changed the basic carrot and potato creamy soup by adding a new ingredient, ginger. With only one ingredient, this creamy carrot soup recipe turned from boring to an absolute sensation! You don’t have to add too much ginger, just a thumb-size piece will do the trick.
This creamy carrot soup with ginger is perfect for this season! It will warm you from inside out Like all of my creamy soups recipes, this one is ready super-fast and it’s really easy to make. All you have to do is boil the veggies and use a blender. You’ll be done in just 15-20 minutes
Looking for more creamy carrot soups? Try this Potato and Carrot Caraway Flavored Creamy Soup too!
- 2 big potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut in chunks
- 2 carrots, sliced
- a thumb-size piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
- sea salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- yogurt (optional)
- herbs, for garnish
- water, just enough to cover all veggies
- Add potatoes, onion and carrots, in a medium soup pot. Add water, just enough to cover the veggies and let them boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Add grated ginger, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Remove from heat when the potatoes and carrots are tender. Check them with a fork.
- Using a vertical blender, start blending the veggies.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add more water, depending on how thick/thin you want the soup to be.
- Garnish with yogurt (optional) and herbs.