Creamy Mushroom Soup with Thyme & Garlic Flavored Baguette | Supa crema de ciuperci
You already know that I am a huge fan of creamy soups and that I also love mushrooms, so this combination is amazing for me! I was inspired by this recipe I found here and immediately decided to make it myself. As most creamy soups this mushroom soup is a very easy recipe, ready in less than half an hour so you won’t spend a lot of time in the kitchen. The crispy flavorful baguettes go perfectly with this mushroom soup. You can also try croutons.
This creamy mushroom soup recipe can also be vegan, just skip the yoghurt part. The taste will be pretty much the same. Yoghurt is great for garnish as it creates a lovely contrast and it also makes the soup whiter. I used homemade kefir which is really healthy if you don’t use UHT and use only natural, hormone-free milk. If you want to know more about milk kefir I found this useful article here.
Ingredients for about 6 servings:
- 1,5L water
- 1 medium celery root, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 300-350g Champignon/Portobello mushrooms, cut in chunks, stems removed (you can use the stems to prepare a delicious Brown Rice Mushroom Pilaf)
- 1 potato, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 medium parsley root, cut in chunks
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- sour cream, yoghurt – optional (I used homemade kefir)
- some parsley, for garnish
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
Add celery and parsley root, onion, potato – all cut in chunks.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Let them boil for about 15 minutes then add the mushrooms, cut in chunks.
Boil for another 10 minutes and remove from heat.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
Slice the baguette and brush each slice with some olive oil. Add some mashed garlic cloves on top of each slice and sprinkle with thyme and salt.
Bake them for 15 minutes or until they’re crisp.
Now let’s get back to the soup. Using a vertical blender, blend well until creamy. Add some yoghurt or sour cream if you want to make it whiter.
Serve with parsley, sour cream and crisp baguette!
Latest posts by Gourmandelle (see all)
- Suc de pepene galben cu mere | Apples and Melon Refreshing Juice + Philips HR 1855 Juicer Review – May 22, 2013
- Paine umpluta cu branza si verdeturi | Whole Stuffed Bread with Cheese and Herbs – May 19, 2013
- Legume de primavara – rosii cherry, morcovi si cartofi noi la cuptor | Spring roasted veggies – May 17, 2013