These ‘Fiber Blast!’ raw bars are a perfect snack for kids and adults alike! Also, they’re great for a breakfast on the go or a healthy snack.
I wanted to make these raw bars for a very, very long time and finally, I made them this morning. These raw bars are the perfect snack for kids! They’ll love the sweet taste, crunchy texture, and chocolatey flavor. They’re really good for adults too, absolutely ideal for a breakfast on-the-go or as a healthy snack during the day. A whole tray of raw bars will last you one week.
Now about the health facts! These raw bars are really rich in calcium (from raw sesame seeds), vitamins & minerals (from all the other goodies) and high in fibers. Psyllium and flax seeds are great for digestion and should be eaten daily. Raw, natural honey is also an excellent immunostimulant. Be careful though to only buy natural honey.
Here are two articles which will help you find out more about honey: Amazing Source of Vitamins.Bee Pollen (you’ll find out more about bee pollen and other health benefits of honey and bee products) and Cinnamon – the miracle spice (the article is mainly about cinnamon but you’ll also find out how you can test honey to know if it’s refined sugar-free and healthy).
I will try other raw bars recipes soon. I love them and I already have another idea for a new raw bars recipe! Please feel free to give your opinions in the comments. I would love to hear about other raw bars recipes.
- 150g (1 cup) raw sesame seeds
- 1 handful hazelnuts
- 1 handful raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsps ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsps ground psyllium seeds
- 50g (½ cup) rolled oats
- 1 handful raisins
- 1 Tbsp carob powder
- 340g (1 cup) raw honey, maybe less
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a large bowl.
- There are 2 ways to cook these: using a dehydrator – the easiest or using your oven – the riskiest.
- If you are using a dehydrator things are really simple. Place a cooking sheet on the dehydrator tray and spread mix above on a thin layer (a max. of 1cm thick) Dehydrate until crunchy.
- If you don’t have a dehydrator things are a little complicated. Place cooking paper on an oven tray and spread the mix above.
- Heat your oven at the lowest temperature possible. When heated place the tray inside and stop the oven. Check after 30 minutes or so. The raw bars won’t be ready so fast, you’ll have to remove the tray from the oven, reheat it, place the tray back inside, stop the oven and repeat this process until the bars are dehydrated.
To spread the sticky mix easily just place a plastic foil on top and start pressing. It will spread evenly this way.
Amount Per Serving Calories 190Total Fat 7gCarbohydrates 28.5gProtein 3g