Make these immunity booster truffles and keep flu away! They’re secretly healthy and packed with vitamins and antioxidants.
Autumn may be Flu Season for some, but I can definitely help you change that! It’s a wonderful season and you should enjoy it every day, without worrying about catching a cold. I haven’t had
I haven’t had flu in 3+ years. How did I manage to keep colds away? Simple! I strengthened my immune system and prepared my body to face the cold, unpredictable weather.
The natural treatment ideas I will mention below, as well as this immunity booster truffles recipe, were inspired by the ‘health box’ Vegis.ro sent me a couple of days ago.
Immunity Boosting Natural Treatments
Sea-Buckthorn Berries with Honey and Turmeric
I always have sea buckthorn berries in the freezer. I use them in juices, smoothies, desserts and especially as flu treatment. Every year, I make myself a jar of sea-buckthorn berries and honey. I take one tablespoon each day and it helped me so far keep the colds away!
If you want to make this, you need 250g raw honey, 2 tsps turmeric powder, 100g sea-buckthorn berries, 1/3 ground pepper. Mix everything and store in the fridge.
I have a whole shelf in my pantry stocked up with different kinds of teas. When the cold season is near, I replace my favorite dandelion & mint tea with teas rich in vitamin C, like rosehip and cranberry. Drink one rosehip tea cup each evening. It will help you a lot!
Detox bath salts
I use Himalayan salt and some essential oils, every time I take a bath. Add about one cup of salt and a few drops of your favorite essential oil. They have detox and relaxing properties.
These simple natural treatments can help you strengthen your immune system. Prevention is key! The products I used for this recipe can be found on Vegis.ro, but unfortunately, they don’t ship internationally at the moment.
With these immunity booster truffles, strengthening your immune system has never been more pleasant! They’re delicious desserts that are also secretly healthy and packed with so many vitamins and antioxidants. Hope you’ll like them! 🙂
- 3 Tbsps sea buckthorn berries (fresh or frozen)
- 5 Tbsps golden raisins
- 3 Tbsps walnuts
- 1 tsp honey (or agave, or maple syrup)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sea-buckthorn berries powder (optional)
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 50g dark chocolate
- Add all truffle ingredients in a blender si blend well until a paste is formed.
- Place the paste in the freezer, until you the chocolate glaze is ready.
- Chop dark chocolate and place it in a bowl. Add coconut oil. Melt them at bain-marie.
- Take the paste out of the freezer and start forming the balls.
- Place them on a tray, covered with some parchment paper.
- Drizzle chocolate on top.
- Put the tray in the freezer for 30 minutes, then serve.