Pumpkin Cake – The ideal dessert for a sunny autumn day | Tort de dovleac cu cocos
This is the first time I use pumpkin in a dessert and I am absolutely in love with it! I found the pumpkin cake recipe on this website and because I had a big slice of pumpkin in the fridge, I decided to try it! I changed a few ingredients and also modified the quantities because I wanted to make a bigger cake.
This is a must-try dessert and it’s very easy! Your steam oven will do all the work. If you don’t have a steam oven you can bake it or use a steamer.
You’ll love the creamy texture with a subtle pumpkin and coconut aroma.
Hope you’ll like it. It’s delicious and healthy!
- 500g pumpkin, steamed
- 180g brown rice flour
- 200ml coconut milk
- coconut flakes, for garnish – just enough to cover the whole cake
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 100g agave syrup or Sucanat
Add the steamed pumpkin, sweetener, rice flour and coconut milk in your food processor. Blend until it has a smooth consistency.
Place half of the mixture in a cake form, sprinkle some raisins on top then add the other half.
Place it in your steam oven – use a regular steamer if you don’t have a steam oven or bake it. *If you use a regular steamer place the mixture without the cake form and put it in the cake form after it is cooked.
Steam until cooked. Test it after 25 minutes with a toothpick. Stick the toothpick in the cake and if it’s clean when you take it out it means it’s ready.
Sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
Let it cool and place it in the fridge.
Latest posts by Gourmandelle (see all)
- Suc de pepene galben cu mere | Apples and Melon Refreshing Juice + Philips HR 1855 Juicer Review – May 22, 2013
- Paine umpluta cu branza si verdeturi | Whole Stuffed Bread with Cheese and Herbs – May 19, 2013
- Legume de primavara – rosii cherry, morcovi si cartofi noi la cuptor | Spring roasted veggies – May 17, 2013