Sweet & Healthy Zucchini Fritters with Vanilla Ice Cream and Apricots | Chiftelute dulci de dovlecei
Oh my! This is an awesome dessert that my mom made today! Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, sweet and flavored, hot and served with cold, melty ice-cream and sweet apricots…what more can I say?! Amazing combination!
You definitely have to try these zucchini fritters! It’s the healthier version of zucchini fritters because she used only 2 tablespoons of oil. Deep frying is forbidden! I also added two other ways to cook this in order to use less oil and make it even better!
You can use any type of ice-cream and fruits you like. I think vanilla goes best with this but it’s your choice. Maybe if you add rum extract instead of vanilla, some chocolate ice-cream on top would be just heavenly!
Try it and let me know if you like this as much as I do!
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 big zucchini or 2 medium ones
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp sugar, honey or sucanat
- 4 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp oil
Trim ends off zucchini and grate it on the large holes of a box grater. You can also use the food processor with the shredding blade, if you have one.
Wring out zucchini by pressing it against the holes of a colander with a spoon, in order to extract the water. Another great method is to wrap it up in a piece of cheese cloth and squeeze.
Add zucchini and all other ingredients in a bowl. Blend well together.
1 tbsp of zucchini mix = 1 zucchini fritter
There are three ways to cook these fritters. Avoid deep frying! Very unhealthy!
1. Heat oil in a skillet. Flip them on order to fry on both sides. Fry over low heat.
2. Spray oil on skillet. This way you’ll use less oil.
3. Bake them! Cover an oven tray with some parchment paper and place fritters. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and sliced apricots on top. YUM!
Latest posts by Gourmandelle (see all)
- Suc de pepene galben cu mere | Apples and Melon Refreshing Juice + Philips HR 1855 Juicer Review – May 22, 2013
- Paine umpluta cu branza si verdeturi | Whole Stuffed Bread with Cheese and Herbs – May 19, 2013
- Legume de primavara – rosii cherry, morcovi si cartofi noi la cuptor | Spring roasted veggies – May 17, 2013