Change language / Schimba limba: Română
These mini cheese balls with spices and herbs are great served on brunches or parties as an appetizer, along with some crunchy crackers, toasts or chips.
These mini cheese balls are a very simple appetizer recipe which I prepared for a party last year. It’s one of the very few cheese recipes you’ll be seeing on my blog.
A few days ago, I wanted to make some spaghetti with cheese. Costin asked me to try something else, that doesn’t have cheese in it. I was so amazed by his decision! He told me that he doesn’t want to eat cheese or other dairy products anymore., or at least, eat them just once a month or so.
I was very inspired by his decision, and even though I am crazy about cheese, I will follow him on his dairy-free journey, one step at a time. We still eat eggs, only from a 100% safe source (with happy, free hens) but not that often. We no longer eat eggs for breakfast. I only use them for veggie patties, casseroles or desserts, if needed.
Anyway, for those of you who are not vegan, here’s an easy, delicious mini cheese balls recipe. You and your friends will love this! It’s a great party appetizer and it’s easy to make. 🙂
- about 400g (14oz) ricotta cheese
- 200g (7oz) feta cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- 4 Tbsps chopped parsley + 1 Tbsp olive oil, optional – for green coating
- spices: turmeric, sweet paprika, caraway seeds, poppy seeds, oregano, sesame seeds etc.
- Put ricotta cheese in a large bowl. Add feta cheese, which was previously mashed with a fork.
- Using a hand mixer, or just your hands, blend the cheeses together.
- Shape the little cheese balls.
- Coat the cheese balls with spices and herbs.
- Serve them with crackers, salty biscuits or toasts.
Amount Per Serving Calories 19Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 2mgSodium 32mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 1g
I strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. I encourage you to make your own calculations using your preferred nutrition calculator.