For this Philips HR 1855 Juicer review, I created a delicious apple-melon juice infused with elderflowers. Here’s my opinion on this juicer!
I won this lovely juicer in a Philips competition and I must say…I was really lucky! I wanted a juicer for a very long time but I never really had he courage to buy one myself as I’ve always heard stories about bad juicers.
Since the day I received it, I am continuously making delicious juices and testing different combinations. I’ve tried beetroot with celeriac (YUM!), apples and carrots and this awesome refreshing juice with melon and apples.
I’m a huge fan of melon so this apples and melon juice is one of my favorite juices so far. It is even better if you add elderflowers juice for some extra ‘fizziness’…oh.. heavenly!
Need a juicer? Check out these best juicers you can buy.
Juicing books? Check out Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life: Unleash the Healing Power of Fresh Juices and Cleansing Diets.
Philips HR 1855 Juicer Review
The design is great. Red is not really my color, but color is not important when it comes to juicers, right?! What I liked most about it is that it is really easy to use. I never follow instructions as they bore me to death..so I figured out on my own how to assemble it. 😀
- Really easy to clean; not in a minute as it says on the package, you have to be Speedy Gonzales to clean it under a minute, but in 3-4 minutes is cleaned and re-assembled.
- It’s really good for juicing root vegetables; I must admit I was a bit skeptical at first but it turned out really well! The pulp was dry.
- You can juice whole apples! even 2-3 at once
- Juices are ready really fast, under a minute actually!
- Some juices may get a bit “foamy”. Just remove the foam and the juice is good to drink.
- Because it’s a centrifugal juicer, the juices oxidate a lot faster. This means you’ll have to drink it immediately or at least in the following 1-2 hours.
Apples and Melon Juice
For this Philips HR 1855 Juicer review, I created a delicious apple-melon juice infused with elderflowers. Here's my opinion on this juicer!
- 1 medium melon, peeled and seeded
- 3-4 medium apples, the uglier the better
- elder flowers juice - optional - for some extra fizz
- mint and ice
- Rinse the fruits very well.
- Add them in the juicer. The juice will be ready in just a few seconds.
- Optional - dilute with water or elder flowers juice.
Amount Per Serving Calories 183Total Fat 1.7gCarbohydrates 38gProtein 3.7g
Monday 23rd of July 2018
I love elderflowers and this juice has become my favorite ever since I tried it for the first time one month ago.
I love your blog!
Thursday 18th of October 2018
Thank you! Glad you liked it!
Saturday 10th of August 2013
storcatoarele sunt depasite si de mana a 2 daca aveai o presa de fructe mai ziceam .storcatoarele folosesc frecarea si sunt la turatii mari.presele au turatii mici si sunt virful de lance al momentului actual.vorbesc in cunostinta de cauza
Monday 12th of August 2013
Ai dreptate Laurentiu, auzisem si eu de problema asta a storcatoarelor..dar na in lipsa de altceva sunt bune si ele :)
Sunday 26th of May 2013
multumesc! sa stii ca e foarte bun...daca-l incerci, sa-mi spui si mie cum ti se pare!
Wednesday 22nd of May 2013
si eu am primit storcatorul si sunt tare multumita de el!sa-l folosesti cu placere!
Wednesday 22nd of May 2013
Multumesc la fel! Apropo..sucul facut de tine arata super! De abia astept sa il incerc si eu :D