These Quattro Formaggi pasta recipe was inspired by the traditional Italian recipe but turned into a low fat, healthier version. If you want to impress this is the recipe you want to make!
I love cheese! I can’t help it and I know it’s not that healthy, I know it’s fattening, but for me, it was so much easier to give up meat rather than cheese. Even though I love it, I rarely eat it, but when I do…OH MY! I eat the most delicious cheese recipes ever!
This Quattro Formaggi pasta recipe is ready super fast! I tried to make it a little bit healthier by substituting milk with water and not using any butter. If you want to impress someone, this is the recipe you want to make!
Quattro Formaggi Pasta
These Quatro Formaggi pasta recipe was inspired by the traditional Italian recipe but turned into a low fat, healthier version. If you want to impress this is the recipe you want to make!
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 60g (½ cup) gorgonzola, crumbled
- 60g (½ cup) brie/fontina, grated
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- 400g (14 oz) penne pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- 60g (½ cup) mozzarella cheese, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 60g (½ cup) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-2 tsps dry oregano
- Boil pasta following the instructions on the package.
- Add water in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and garlic powder. Cook, stirring constantly until lightly thickened to the consistency of cream. Whisk in the Gorgonzola, Mozzarella, and Fontina. Cook, whisking constantly until the cheese is melted. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Combine the cheese sauce and cooked pasta. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and sprinkle with some dry oregano. Serve hot!
Amount Per Serving Calories 154Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 22mgSodium 295mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 7g
I strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. I encourage you to make your own calculations using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Want more delicious pasta recipes? Try these: Cheesy Spaghetti with Dill and Green Pepper Sauce and Spicy Carrot Penne Pasta with Mustard and Parsnip Sauce recipes.
Monday 23rd of July 2018
I've been searching for a good quattro formaggi pasta recipe forever! This one is perfect and has become my favorite. Thanks!
Thursday 18th of October 2018
Thank you! Glad you liked it!