These Quattro Formaggi pasta recipe was inspired by the traditional Italian recipe but turned into a low fat, healthier version. If you want to impress this is the recipe you want to make!
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
I love cheese! I can’t help it and I know it’s not that healthy, I know it’s fattening, but for me, it was so much easier to give up meat rather than cheese. Even though I love it, I rarely eat it, but when I do…OH MY! I eat the most delicious cheese recipes ever!
This Quattro Formaggi pasta recipe is ready super fast! I tried to make it a little bit healthier by substituting milk with water and not using any butter. If you want to impress someone, this is the recipe you want to make!
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- ½ cup brie/fontina, grated
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-2 tsps dry oregano
- Boil pasta following the instructions on the package.
- Add water in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and garlic powder. Cook, stirring constantly until lightly thickened to the consistency of cream. Whisk in the Gorgonzola, Mozzarella, and Fontina. Cook, whisking constantly until the cheese is melted. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Combine the cheese sauce and cooked pasta. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and sprinkle with some dry oregano. Serve hot!
Want more delicious pasta recipes? Try these: Cheesy Spaghetti with Dill and Green Pepper Sauce and Spicy Carrot Penne Pasta with Mustard and Parsnip Sauce recipes.