Change language / Schimba limba: Română
This no-bake biscuit salami is sugar-free, vegan and delicious! If you loved the original recipe when you were little, then you’ll love this healthier version too!
This biscuit salami recipe is a childhood favorite! I still love it as much as I did back then, only now I wanted to make a healthier, low-fat version. It’s so easy that a child could make it! All you have to do is mix the ingredients and then mold the composition into any form you want: round salami, bonbons, tart shape. I was actually thinking about using this as a no-bake cake crust. Mmm… only the thought of it makes my mouth water :D.
Why is this biscuit salami recipe healthier? Well, first of all, it’s refined sugar-free, no bake and vegan! It can easily be made gluten-free too by just using gluten-free biscuits. Instead of chocolate/cocoa, I added carob powder, which I absolutely love! I think it is 100 times better than cocoa, not only because it’s healthy, but also because it tastes a lot better! It’s sweet instead of bitter. I also used dates, dried plums, and coconut butter.
You should definitely try this biscuit salami dessert! Ready in only 10 minutes, I am sure it will become your favorite too. 🙂
This biscuit salami recipe will make you try it again. It’s easy to make and it is so delicious!
- 150 g biscuits , simple, no cream – can be GF too - you can also use this recipe if you want <a href="http://gourmandelle.com/healthy-whole-grain-cookies-with-nuvia-cafe-perfect-breakfast/" target="blank">Healthy Whole Grain Cookies
- 1/2 cup dried plums
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsps carob powder
- 3 tbsps coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk, or any other veg milk (I didn't have any so I added tea :); works just as well)
- 1-2 tsps rum extract
- Place the biscuits in a paper/plastic bag. Place the bag in a mortar and pestle and start smashing them into smaller pieces. By using a bag instead of just putting the biscuits in the mortar and pestle, you won’t have biscuit crumbles all over your kitchen 🙂
- Place the walnuts in the blender and pulse once or twice. Set aside.
- Add dried plums, dates, coconut butter, carob, and rum extract in the blender and blend until you get a smooth paste.
- In a large bowl add the smashed biscuits, plums and dates paste, almond milk and ground walnuts.
- Start mixing. It’s a lot easier if you mix using your hands.
- Mold the paste into any shape you want. I placed the paste into a tart shape.
If you want you can use only plums or only dates, in that
Cover the shape with a plastic wrap. This way it will be a lot easier to get the salami biscuit out of the shape without worrying it will stick to it. Enjoy!!
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g