This no-bake biscuit salami is sugar-free, vegan and delicious! If you loved the original recipe when you were little, then you’ll love this healthier version too!
This biscuit salami recipe is a childhood favorite! I still love it as much as I did back then, only now I wanted to make a healthier, low-fat version. It’s so easy that a child could make it! All you have to do is mix the ingredients and then mold the composition into any form you want: round salami, bonbons, tart shape. I was actually thinking about using this as a no-bake cake crust. Mmm… only the thought of it makes my mouth water :D.
Why is this biscuit salami recipe healthier? Well, first of all, it’s refined sugar-free, no bake and vegan! It can easily be made gluten-free too by just using gluten-free biscuits. Instead of chocolate/cocoa, I added carob powder, which I absolutely love! I think it is 100 times better than cocoa, not only because it’s healthy, but also because it tastes a lot better! It’s sweet instead of bitter. I also used dates, dried plums, and coconut butter.
You should definitely try this biscuit salami dessert! Ready in only 10 minutes, I am sure it will become your favorite too. 🙂
This biscuit salami recipe will make you try it again. It’s easy to make and it is so delicious!
This no-bake biscuit salami is sugar-free, vegan and delicious! If you loved the original biscuit salami recipe when you were little, then you'll love this healthier version too!
- 150g (5oz) biscuits, simple, no cream – can be GF too - you can also use this recipe if you want Healthy Whole Grain Cookies
- 90g (½ cup) dried plums
- 90g (½ cup) dates
- 40g (½ cup) walnuts
- 2 Tbsps carob powder
- 3 Tbsps coconut oil
- 80ml (⅓ cup) almond milk, or any other veg milk (I didn't have any so I added tea :); works just as well)
- 1-2 tsps rum extract
- Place the biscuits in a paper/plastic bag. Place the bag in a mortar and pestle and start smashing them into smaller pieces. By using a bag instead of just putting the biscuits in the mortar and pestle, you won’t have biscuit crumbles all over your kitchen 🙂
- Place the walnuts in the blender and pulse once or twice. Set aside.
- Add dried plums, dates, coconut butter, carob, and rum extract in the blender and blend until you get a smooth paste.
- In a large bowl add the smashed biscuits, plums and dates paste, almond milk and ground walnuts.
- Start mixing. It’s a lot easier if you mix using your hands.
- Mold the paste into any shape you want. I placed the paste into a tart shape.
If you want you can use only plums or only dates, in that case it will be 1 cup.
Cover the shape with a plastic wrap. This way it will be a lot easier to get the salami biscuit out of the shape without worrying it will stick to it. Enjoy!!
Amount Per Serving Calories 177Total Fat 11.7gCarbohydrates 16.2gProtein 1.7g
Carob fan? See these awesome recipes using carob instead of cocoa: The Healthiest and Most Delicious Breakfast, Raw Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes, Raw Vegan Chocolate and Raspberry Cake.
Thursday 19th of July 2018
Sooo amazing and easy to make. I just bookmarked the recipe to make it again this weekend.
Keep up the good work, Ruxandra!
Thursday 18th of October 2018
Thank you! :) Glad you liked the recipe!
Thursday 14th of August 2014
O reteta de nota 10+ , foarte reusita ! L-am testat ieri , singura modificare a fost ca nu am pus nuca , nu ne prea intelegem noi doua . I-am dat forma de salam de biscuiti , asta ca tot era desertul pe care il adoram in copilarie :) . Iti multumesc frumos pentru tot ce impartasesti cu noi ! :)
Tuesday 19th of August 2014
Multumesc mult pentru cuvintele frumoase! Ma bucur mult ca ti-a placut :D Eu am fost mai lenesa si nu i-am dat forma de salam :))
Saturday 15th of March 2014
Delicios!!! Nu te poti opri din mancat :D
Sunday 16th of March 2014
Ma bucur mult ca ti-a placut! E una dintre retetele mele preferate! :D Se face atat de rapid si e suuuper buna!
Thursday 4th of April 2013
L-am testat si e de-li-cios :)
Friday 5th of April 2013
Super!! Ma bucur tare mult ca ti-a placut. Am adaugat poza + linkul catre blogul tau la Tested Recipes :D