Change language | Schimba limba: Romanian
Loved the original biscuit salami recipe when you were little? Then you’ll love this healthier version too! This no-bake biscuit salami is sugar-free, vegan and delcious!
This biscuit salami recipe is a childhood favorite! I still love it as much as I did back then, only now I wanted to make a healthier, low fat version. It’s so easy that a child could make it! All you have to do is mix the ingredients and then mold the composition into any form you want: round salami, bon-bons, tart shape. I was actually thinking about using this as a no-bake cake crust. Mmm.. only the thought of it makes my mouth water :D.
Why is this biscuit salami recipe healthier? Well first of all it’s sugar free, no bake and vegan! It can easily be made gluten-free too by just using gluten-free biscuits. Instead of chocolate/cocoa I added carob powder, which I absolutely love! I think it is 100 times better than cocoa, not only because it’s healthy, but also because it tastes a lot better! It’s sweet instead of bitter. I also used dates, dried plums and coconut butter.
You should definitely try this biscuit salami dessert! Ready in only 10 minutes, I am sure it will become your favorite too.
This is an easy to make, healthy biscuit salami dessert which is no bake, vegan, low fat and gluten free.
- 150g biscuits _(simple, no cream – can be GF too) - you can also use this recipe if you want Healthy Whole Grain Cookies_
- 1/2 cup dried plums
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsps carob powder
- 3 tbsps coconut oil/butter
- 1/3 cup almond milk, or any other veg milk (I didn't have any so I added tea :); works just as well)
- 1-2 tsps rum extract
- Place the biscuits in a paper/plastic bag. Place the bag in a mortar and pestle and start smashing them into smaller pieces. By using a bag instead of just putting the biscuits in the mortar and pestle, you won’t have biscuit crumbles all over your kitchen :)
- Place the walnuts in the blender and pulse once or twice. Set aside.
- Add dried plums, dates, coconut butter, carob and rum extract in the blender and blend until you get a smooth paste.
- In a large bowl add the smashed biscuits, plums and dates paste, almond milk and ground walnuts.
- Start mixing. It’s a lot easier if you mix using your hands.
- Mold the paste into any shape you want. I placed the paste into a tart shape.
If you want you can use only plums or only dates, in that case it will be 1 cup. Cover the shape with a plastic wrap. This way it will be a lot easier to get the salami biscuit out of the shape without worrying it will stick to it. Enjoy!!
Carob fan? See these awesome recipes using carob instead of cocoa: The Healthiest and Most Delicious Breakfast..and it’s Ice Cream!, Raw Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes, Raw Vegan Chocolate and Raspberry Cake.