Looking for a great Summer cake recipe? Try this no bake citrus cake with berries! No heat needed, ready in half an hour and it’s also healthy, guilt-free and delicious! Vegan and gluten-free too!
Who wants to use the oven on hot summer days?! Uhm… nobody!!! That’s why I love raw foods and have a mostly raw diet during summer. It’s so much easier and you won’t overheat your whole house!
I went grocery shopping a few days ago and bought some fresh berries too. I wanted to make a great dessert with them but I had no idea what to do. Sorbets were out of the question because I only bought a few hundred grams, so I finally decided to use them as toppings on a no bake cake! And what is the best flavor for a refreshing cake other than citrus! With some grapefruits, oranges and gluten-free biscuits in the house, I immediately came out with this wonderful, easy
Sorbets were out of the question because I only bought a few hundred grams, so I finally decided to use them as toppings on a no bake cake! And what is the best flavor for a refreshing cake other than citrus! With some grapefruits, oranges and gluten-free biscuits in the house, I immediately came out with this wonderful, easy no bake citrus cake recipe.
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
I absolutely love the outcome! It can’t get any easier than this! The taste is both fresh and sweet. You’ll love it, I’m sure! I used avocados as a base ingredient for the cake cream. I usually add bananas instead, but this time, I didn’t have any. Don’t worry, you won’t taste avocado at all! It only adds a wonderful, creamy texture. Anyway, you can use bananas too. The result will be pretty much the same.
The peeling process was a bit boring. I had to remove all the white peels on grapefruits and oranges and use only the pulp. This is a very important step, though, so don’t you think about skipping it! 🙂 Also, don’t even think about omitting the psyllium husks! They’re the ones that will keep the cream together.
I can’t wait to try a no bake cake with chocolate cream! I just saw this fudgy no bake cake made by Sylvie and it looks so decadent! Definitely on my to-do list.
- 125-150g gluten-free biscuits (I used Schar Maria simple biscuits, but if you're not GF you can use any other biscuits, as long as they're simple/with no filling.)
- 4-5 Tbsps coconut oil, melted
- 2 large grapefruits, peeled
- 1 medium orange, peeled
- 3 large bananas ripe or 2 large avocados, ripe (Your choice. I used avocados, but if you want a low-fat cake, you can use bananas instead. The taste will be pretty much the same.)
- 4-5 Tbsps stevia powder - or any other healthy sweetener, to taste (you can use honey, agave, maple syrup etc.)
- 3 Tbsps psyllium husks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries and blueberries
- Cover the bottom of a springform pan with plastic wrap.
- Add biscuits in the food processor, along with 4-5 Tbsps of melted coconut/cocoa oil. Process until all biscuits are turned into breadcrumbs.
- Put the crust mix into the pan and spread it evenly on the bottom. Don't worry if it still looks crumbly. The butter will solidify when refrigerated and the crust will be just perfect.
- Peel grapefruits and orange. Remove the inside white/transparent peels too. You'll need the pulp only. The white parts are bitter.
- Add citrus pulp in the food processor. Add bananas/avocados, healthy sweetener of choice, psyllium husks, and vanilla extract. Blend well until creamy.
- Pour half the quantity of the cream into the pan. Spread evenly. Add ½ cup berries and cover with the other half.
- Decorate with the remaining berries.
- Put in the freezer for 1-2 hours, then move it to the fridge for another hour. Don't serve frozen!