Change language / Schimba limba: Română
This creamy cauliflower risotto with parmesan is an easy, comfort food recipe you’ll love! The subtle thyme flavor makes it truly unique!
This creamy cauliflower risotto recipe is just WOW! I was inspired by Pinch of Yum‘s Creamy Cauliflower Garlic Rice recipe and decided to give it a try. It was absolutely delicious! I found her cauliflower risotto recipe on Pinterest a while ago and repinned it on my secret “Try soon recipes” board. That’s where I save all the recipes I want to try ASAP! 😀 I changed a few ingredients and added some of my own but all the credit for this wonderful creamy cauliflower risotto recipe goes to her! The whole family loved it 🙂
You should add some fresh chopped parsley in this creamy risotto. I think it will add some extra texture and a fresh taste. The fresh thyme goes great with this creamy cauliflower risotto! Just a few leaves are enough to give it a lovely taste.
Hope you’ll enjoy making this easy, cauliflower risotto recipe. Also, thanks Lindsay for making such a great risotto recipe! 😀
- 1 cup short-grain rice , I used white, but brown is better
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 small cauliflower head
- 2 Tbsps butter
- ½ cup milk
- 4-5 garlic cloves, mashed
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh thyme
- fresh chopped parsley , optional
- In a large saucepan, add butter and let it melt. Add brown rice and stir. Pour veggie broth/water. When it starts boiling, remove from heat and cover with a lid. Let the rice absorb all water.
- Remove florets from the cauliflower head and rinse them. Put them in the steamer and steam for 25 minutes. if you don’t have a steamer, you can either boil them (not recommended) or steam them by using a pot and a strainer. You can do this by filling a pot with water, bring it to a boil and put a strainer on top.
- Put the florets in the strainer and cover it with a lid. Let the water boil for half an hour. The steam will rise and cook the cauliflower florets. It is best to also chop the florets into small pieces, this way they will cook faster.
- Transfer cauliflower florets to a food processor or blender. Puree cauliflower and add milk, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and mashed garlic cloves. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the cauliflower cream over the cooked rice and blend them together.
- Optional – add fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve with fresh thyme leaves on top.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g