This creamy vegan mushroom risotto is exactly what you need if you crave a delicious and comforting Italian recipe. Give it a try!
Rice is one of the staple foods in my pantry. I love making rice pilafs, risottos, stuffings for different veggies and even adding it in soups! I have quite a lot of rice recipes on my blog so check them out if you’re looking for inspiration.
Today’s recipe combines two of my favorite ingredients: rice and mushrooms. I was inspired by the traditional Italian risotto recipe, which is not originally vegan but can be easily veganized. I used nutritional yeast instead of Parmigiano and white wine for the perfect flavor! The result was just as I wanted, a creamy and easy to make vegan mushroom risotto!
Flavored with white wine, herbs, and nutmeg, this easy mushroom risotto recipe is just perfect for when you crave a comfort meal. It’s made with budget-friendly ingredients and easy cooking techniques and no special equipment is required.
If you’re looking for other basic risotto recipes, check out my cauliflower risotto. It has a creaminess like no other risotto recipe! You’ll love it!
Drop me a comment below and send me your feedback! I’d love to hear how this creamy risotto recipe turned out for you. 🙂
P.S. Don’t forget about the Spring Discount – 25% off for Yearly Plans!
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cups vegetable stock or water
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot, over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 more minutes.
- Add the rice. Cook it for one minute then add the wine. Stir and cook one more minute. Add 3 cups of veggie stock or water and continue to cook on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the stock is absorbed, add the rest of the quantity and cook for 10 minutes or until the stock is absorbed and the rice is silky and creamy.
- Add nutmeg, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with some fresh chopped herbs and enjoy this delicious vegan mushroom risotto!