Change language / Schimba limba: Română
Here’s how you can make a delicious and easy vegan tortellini soup perfect for when you crave a hearty, wholesome soup recipe! Give it a try!
Kristin from Yellow Bliss Road was the one who inspired me to cook this delicious vegan tortellini soup. I saw her tortellini soup with Italian sausage recipe on Pinterest and immediately wanted to give it a try! I decided to make it vegan with just a couple of easy and affordable substitutes and the result was comfort food at its finest!
In case you are not familiar with the different kinds of Italian pasta, tortellini is a ring-shaped pasta that almost looks like a navel. This type of pasta is stuffed with meat, cheese or veggies and mushrooms for the vegan versions. You can find tortellini either, refrigerated, frozen or even dry. They also differ in size, from small to large.
The original tortellini soup recipe contains real sausage which I replaced with smoked tofu, crumbled and mixed with some spices. My vegan tortellini soup is more on the chunky side rather than having a creamy texture, but if you want to make it a creamy soup, simply blend the ingredients (except vegan tofu sausage and tortellini, of course!).
It’s so flavorful and easy to make! I used store-bought vegan mushroom-filled tortellini, but you can use any kind of tortellini you want. You can even make this with tiny ravioli or noodles!
I served this vegan tortellini soup with lots of fresh chopped herbs on top. I didn’t have any fresh basil, but it would have been the perfect topping for this. So feel free to add any herbs you want, but basil is a match made in Heaven for this soup! 🙂
P.S. Don’t forget about the Spring Discount – 25% off for Yearly Plans!
- For the vegan “sausage”:
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup smoked tofu
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- For the tortellini soup:
- 1 ½ cup peeled and crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups homemade vegetable broth
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups store-bought mushroom tortellini
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Add all the vegan sausage ingredients in a food processor or blender, except garlic and onion, and pulse a few times, until tofu gets a minced meat texture.
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat olive oil and add the onion and garlic. Saute for a few minutes, then add minced tofu and continue to cook, until the onions are soft.
- Add all the soup ingredients, except tortellini and spinach. Stir and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Then add the vegan tortellini and cook until almost done - about 6 to 8 minutes. Add spinach, give it a stir, then cover and remove from heat
- Serve with some fresh chopped greens on top.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g