This avocado hummus recipe has an extra creaminess that you’ll love! It’s easy to make, rich in healthy fats and will be the perfect, most delicious comfort snack you can make!
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
I make a killer hummus! It seems like I’m getting better and better at it and every new hummus recipe I try becomes my new favorite. Ever since my first hummus recipe, I discovered lots of new tips and tricks on how to make the best hummus ever! I will mention everything I’ve learned so far about “the art” of making hummus and I hope it will help you make your own killer hummus at home! 🙂
I always try new flavors and recipes because I get bored quickly. I’ve tried arugula, basil pesto, roasted red bell pepper, wild garlic, so far! All of them were pure bliss! 🙂 If you know how to make the basic hummus recipe, then you can experiment with lots of new flavors.
I almost always use canned chickpeas because it’s faster, but you can boil the chickpeas yourself if you have the patience. 🙂 I just never seem to have time to think a meal ahead and soak the chickpeas overnight. So, you’ll always find 3-4 cans of chickpeas in my pantry. Always!! 🙂
Combining avocado with hummus was such a great idea! I love both so much! The result was amazing! This avocado hummus is extra-creamy, has an airy, super-soft texture, and the taste… oh… the taste is divine! It also has a cute, green color. 🙂
Tips on how to make the best avocado hummus recipe:
- Tahini paste is essential! You can’t make a good hummus recipe without tahini. Add 3-4 Tbsps of tahini paste for a 6+ servings bowl of hummus.
- Use a food processor or high-power blender and process for a longer period of time! I discovered that the longer I process the hummus, the creamier it is. So now I leave the food processor working for about 5 minutes. The hummus is extra creamy and smooth every time! Just make sure you process only the chickpeas plus some water, and not the tahini. The longer your process tahini, the more bitter it tastes. I learned this the hard way and completely ruined a batch of hummus. So add chickpeas + water + lemon juice at first, process for 5-10 minutes, or until it’s super smooth, and then add the rest of the ingredients and process for 1 more minute, just to blend them all together.
- Chickpeas should be very well boiled and soft. If you have time, remove the peels. I don’t always do this, but it’s worth it especially if you want a super-soft hummus.
- Don’t forget about garlic and lemon juice! These two are essential! I love a hint of garlic in hummus.
- Drizzle with high-quality olive oil. There’s no need to add olive oil in the hummus as well, just drizzle it on top, generously.
- Add a little bit of ice-cold water when processing the chickpeas.
- Ground cumin makes it taste even better! 1/4 teaspoon is enough.
Give this avocado hummus recipe try!
P.S. Check out this mouth-watering hummus wrap! Delish!
P.S. I LOVE Lebanese cuisine. If you love it too, check out Ottolenghi: The Cookbook. His recipes are truly inspiring!
- Put all ingredients in your food processor.
- Process on high speed for 5 minutes until hummus is extra-smooth.
- Add a little bit of ice-cold water in order to make it as smooth as you want.
- Drizzle with olive oil.