This is a light hummus recipe, ideal for summer! This light hummus recipe has a fresh, lemony taste and it is served with raw pepitas!
I love hummus! It is so easy to make and very filling. I prefer the light version with less oil. I really don’t understand why some recipes contain so much oil! It is really unnecessary! This is the light hummus recipe, ideal for summer as it has a fresh, lemony taste!
I prefer using sesame seeds oil rather than tahini. I think it has more flavor and with just a little you can create a great hummus. I also used raw sesame seeds. They’re a lot healthier and nutritious.
Try it and let me know how it was. Love to hear from you!
- 1 800g can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- water, as needed to reach the desired consistency
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp raw sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Add chickpeas, lemon juice, water, salt, sesame seeds oil and olive oil in the food processor and mix well until smooth.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and garnish as you please.