This is a light hummus recipe, ideal for summer! This light hummus recipe has a fresh, lemony taste and it is served with raw pepitas!
I love hummus! It is so easy to make and very filling. As you probably know, hummus is usually served with lots of olive oil drizzled all over it. Well, if you’re on a diet you’ll love this recipe! This is a light hummus recipe, ideal for summer as it has a fresh, lemony taste!
I sometimes prefer using sesame seeds oil rather than tahini. I think it has more flavor and with just a little you can create a great hummus. I also used raw sesame seeds. They’re a lot healthier and nutritious.
You can use tahini as well, but you’ll have to add 2-3 tablespoons in order to get the same amount of flavor as sesame oil provides… and those are some extra calories… so we don’t want that in a light hummus recipe, do we?! 🙂
Try this light hummus recipe and let me know how it was. Love to hear from you!
- 1 800g can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ lemon's juice
- water, as needed to reach the desired consistency
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp raw sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- Add all ingredients in the food processor and mix well until smooth.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and garnish as you please.