This creamy green pea soup recipe is an easy, vegetarian soup recipe you can make in less than half an hour! You’ll love its buttery flavor, semi-sweet taste and creamy texture!
I love this creamy green peas soup! It was the first time I cooked and ate green pea soup and I was amazed by its lovely taste! I actually ate two extra servings.
This creamy green pea soup recipe has a lacto-vegetarian and a vegan version. Try which one you prefer. Personally, I think the vegetarian one is better, as I added butter and yogurt which gave it a special flavor. The vegan is just as good if you add good quality extravirgin olive oil and some croutons…YUM!
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET THE MEAL PLAN!
By the way, I was intrigued by this awesome creamy green pea soup with mint and coconut and I think it will be next on my To-Try List! 🙂
Let me know which version of this creamy green pea soup you tried. Looking forward to reading your comments!
- 2 big potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut in chunks
- 400g frozen peas
- sea salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp butter (for vegetarians) or 1 tbsp olive oil (for vegans)
- yogurt (optional)
- parsley, for garnish
- water, just enough to cover all veggies
- Put the chopped veggies in a pot. Add just enough to cover the veggies and let them boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat when the potatoes are tender. Check them with a fork.
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes if you have a plastic vertical blender. If it’s metal you can start blending right away.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter (or olive oil).
- Using a vertical blender, start blending all veggies together. Add more water, depending on how thick you want it to be.
- Garnish with yogurt and parsley.