Here are some great vegetarian BBQ recipes: veggie skewers, grilled mushrooms, potatoes cooked in ember and crispy pita bread.
I love barbecues! This was the first time I made a vegetarian BBQ and it was a success! Even my non-veg friends enjoyed it. Here you’ll find 5 recipes you can make for your own Vegetarian BBQ menu. I also made a huge salad bowl but unfortunately I didn’t take any pics, I was just starving.. not in the mood for taking photos 🙂
This vegetarian BBQ menu is low fat, low calorie and veeeery diet friendly so nothing to worry about. Some of them are vegan and GF too!
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET THE MEAL PLAN!
I’d love to discover other heathy, veg recipes for BBQ so please leave a comment if you have any ideas 🙂
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 big onion
- 10 Portobello mushrooms
- 2 red/green bell peppers
- sweet paprika
- This is easy. Just chop the veggies and thread on skewers.
- 10 big Portobellos
- 10 slices of cheese
- thyme (dry or fresh)
- Rinse the mushrooms and remove stems.
- Add ½ tsp of butter in each plus 1 slice of cheese.
- Sprinkle thyme on top and place on grill. They will be ready in about 10 minutes.
- 10 medium potatoes - peeled and quartered
- 5 tbsps of grated cheese
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- Prepare the ember but let it cool a little. It doesn't have to be red. Crispy Pita Bread Cooked on Hot Wood Ash
- Place 2 quartered potatoes on an aluminum foil and create a small bag.
- Add 1 tsp of butter in each. - Vegans can replace this with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary.
- Add 1 tbsp of grated cheese in each bag.
- Place in embers and cover with wood ash, It will be ready in about 20-25 minutes. Check with a fork to see if they're tender and ready to be served.
- 1½ cup of sour cream
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- ground pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- Mix well and serve over veggie skewers and potatoes.
Vegetarian BBQ: Crispy Pita Bread Cooked on Hot Wood Ash
Just place the pita bread over the still hot wood ash and leave it there for a couple of minutes. It will become deliciously crispy and warm.
Serve all of the above accompanied by a large, fresh salad and beer, Mmmm..delish!
Looking forward to your comments. Let me know what you think! 🙂