This cream of broccoli soup has a silky smooth texture and it’s ready in just 20 minutes! You’ll love the subtle garlic taste!
It’s that time of the year again, when it rains a lot, it’s cold outside and you feel like staying in bed all day. This is the perfect time for comfort meals and creamy soups are among my favorites!
I’m a huge fan of creamy soups and so far I’ve made them with potatoes, lentils, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, and more! I’ve never tried them with broccoli, though, until now! 🙂 I had some frozen broccoli in the freezer so I decided to turn it into a quick and easy soup. I added some potatoes, onion and flavored it with some nooch and garlic. It was enough to create a silky smooth, flavorful comfort soup.
You’ll need a blender in order to make this recipe. You can use either an immersion blender or a regular one. If you want to make the silkiest creamy soups ever, every time, I have a trick for you! Always drain the veggies before boiling and save the water in a bowl. Blend the veggies without water and turn them into a smooth puree. Only after they’re all very well mashed together, add the water, little by little, until you reach the desired consistency. This way your creamy soup won’t be foamy and it will have the perfect texture every time.
Even if you don’t like broccoli that much, you’ll love this recipe! It doesn’t have a strong broccoli taste at all.
- 1 kg broccoli, frozen
- 3 potatoes, medium, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, medium
- 3 Tbsps nutritional yeast flakes
- olive oil, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- mixed seeds for topping
- Add the broccoli, potatoes, and onion into a pot and boil until soft - about 20 minutes.
- Drain the water into a bowl and put the veggies in a blender. Add the garlic cloves, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast and blend until smooth. Add the water, little by little, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Top with some mixed seeds and drizzle with olive oil.