This cream of potato soup has a unique flavor given by caraway seeds and a lovely, vibrant color created by adding carrots!
I am a huge fan of creamy soups! My all-time favorite is the red lentil soup, but honestly, this cream of potato soup goes straight to the second place. I also like caraway seeds. I can’t say I’m a huge fan, but they really go great with potatoes, so I often add them to potato recipes.
Did you know that caraway is great for digestion? Yes! If you experience some digestion problems all you need is to make yourself 2-3 cups/day of caraway tea and you’ll start feeling a lot better. Just add 1 tsp of caraway seeds in a cup of boiling water and infuse for 10 minutes. It is even better if you have ground caraway seeds.
Now, about this delicious cream of potato soup…well, it’s easy and ready really fast! Yep…I love to cook, but don’t really enjoy spending lots of hours in the kitchen, especially on hot summer days, so this recipe is perfect for those times when you want to prepare a quick and easy lunch.
All you need to do is quickly peel and rinse the veggies, cut in chunks and let them boil. Ready in less than 30 minutes, this cream of potato soup is just perfect for any season! Add some croutons and it will be even better!
- 6 medium/small potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- half a lemon’s juice
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- some olive oil
- caraway seeds
- Add potatoes, onion and carrots in a large pot.
- Add water just enough to cover them.
- Boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add salt, spices and lemon juice.
- Using a vertical blender, blend all ingredients together until the soup is smooth and creamy. Add more water if needed.
- Add caraway seeds and olive oil.