Make these quinoa sliders as quick snacks or appetizers for a party and every guest will love you! 🙂 They’re great for lunch too.
Quinoa and beans, who would have thought this was a good combination?! I had a can of red kidney beans in the pantry, some leftover quinoa and decided to throw in some spices and other great ingredients and make these protein-rich vegan patties. I’m glad I did! What I thought would be just a regular lunch, turned out into a delicious feast!
I had some gluten-free burger buns from Schar, so I used the patties to create some delicious quinoa sliders. The extra ingredients, such as roasted eggplant, melted vegan cheese, fresh tomatoes, salad, and mustard, made these quinoa sliders absolutely amazing!
This is an easy sliders recipe that can be served as a snack or appetizer at parties, or you can make it for lunch at school or work. They may look time-consuming to make, but trust me, they’re not! If you make the patties composition in a larger batch and store it in the fridge, the sliders prep part takes only 10 minutes, tops! 🙂
Let me know if you tried my quinoa sliders recipe! Send me your thoughts using the comment form below. 😉
Protein-Rich Beans and Quinoa Sliders
Make these protein-rich beans and quinoa sliders as quick snacks or appetizers for a party and every guest will love you! 🙂 They're great for lunch too.
- For quinoa patties:
- 200g (1 cup) quinoa
- 1 can (400g | 14 oz) red beans, drained
- 40g (¼ cup) sweet corn
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 Tbsps psyllium husks
- 50g (⅓ cup) chickpea flour, or rice flour, or any other flour you want
- 5 Tbsps chopped parsley
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sweet paprika powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- gluten-free burger buns by Schar, or any other buns
- thin eggplant slices
- cherry tomato slices
- vegan cheese
- lettuce leaves
- Boil quinoa in a small pot for 15 minutes.
- Drain it and add it to a large bowl. Add all the other quinoa patties ingredients and start mashing them with a fork.
- Store in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can slice the buns, eggplant, tomatoes, vegan cheese and prepare all other ingredients for these quinoa sliders.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan. Make the patties and lightly fry them 3 minutes on each side. Set them aside on a plate covered with some paper towels.
- Add the eggplant slices in the greased pan. Fry 2 minutes on a side, then flip. Add one vegan cheese slice on top of each eggplant slice and cover with a lid. Let it cook for 2 minutes until it melts. Set aside.
- Assemble the quinoa sliders, just like in the photos.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Amount Per Serving Calories 252Total Fat 9gCarbohydrates 33.7gProtein 8.6g
Sunday 29th of July 2018
My favorite healthy snack :) THank you for writing this recipe!
Thursday 2nd of August 2018
You're welcome! :D
Saturday 5th of March 2016
Love this! I don't have psyllium husks on me, can I substitute chia or flax instead?
Wednesday 9th of March 2016
Sure! :) I just prefer psyllium because it's absolutely tasteless and texture-less. It acts just like glue. But flax-egg or ground chia seeds will work as well. :)