This creamy carrot soup with ginger has a subtle, sweet and spicy flavor and extra creamy texture you’ll love! Plus, it’s really easy to make!
There are three types of recipes I am absolutely crazy about veggie burgers/patties, hummus and creamy soups! I could eat these every day! I always experiment, when it comes to veggie burgers and creamy soups, as I love creating new recipes with unusual, but delicious ingredient combinations. I encourage you to do the same! Cooking should be fun 🙂
This time, I changed the basic carrot and potato creamy soup by adding a new ingredient, ginger. With only one ingredient, this creamy carrot soup recipe turned from boring to an absolute sensation! You don’t have to add too much ginger, just a thumb-size piece will do the trick.
This creamy carrot soup with ginger is perfect for this season! It will instantly warm you! 🙂
Like all of my creamy soups recipes, this one is ready super-fast and it’s really easy to make. All you have to do is boil the veggies and use a blender. You’ll be done in just 15-20 minutes 🙂
Looking for more creamy carrot soups? Try this Potato and Carrot Creamy Soup too!
- 2 big potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut in chunks
- 2 carrots, sliced
- a thumb-size piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
- sea salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- yogurt (optional)
- herbs, for garnish
- water, just enough to cover all veggies
- Add potatoes, onion and carrots, in a medium soup pot. Add water, just enough to cover the veggies and let them boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Add grated ginger, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Remove from heat when the potatoes and carrots are tender. Check them with a fork.
- Using a vertical blender, start blending the veggies.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add more water, depending on how thick/thin you want the soup to be.
- Garnish with yogurt (optional) and herbs.