This sweet zucchini fritters recipe was taught to me by my grandmother and mother. I love to serve them with with vanilla ice cream and apricots.
Have you ever tried to make sweet zucchini fritters? If not, you have no idea what you’re missing! I was taught this awesome dessert recipe by my mom and grandmother. It’s not the healthiest dessert you can make, but it’s definitely one that you’ll remember!
These sweet zucchini fritters are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, hot and served with cold, melty vanilla ice-cream and sweet apricots…what more can I say?! It’s an amazing combination!
You definitely have to try these sweet zucchini fritters! I tried to make them healthier, so I used only 2 tablespoons of oil. The original recipe involves deep-frying, but that’s a big No-No for me! I also added two other ways to cook this in order to use less oil and make it even better! See the recipe below. 😉
You can use any type of ice-cream and fruits you like. I think vanilla goes best with this but is your choice. Maybe if you add rum extract instead of vanilla, some chocolate ice-cream on top would be just heavenly!
Try it and let me know if you like this as much as I do!
- 1 big zucchini or 2 medium ones
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp sugar or sucanat
- 4 Tbsps whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsps oil
- Trim ends off zucchini and grate it on the large holes of a box grater. You can also use the food processor with the shredding blade, if you have one.
- Wring out zucchini by pressing it against the holes of a colander with a spoon, in order to extract the water. Another great method is to wrap it up in a piece of cheese cloth and squeeze.
- Add zucchini and all other ingredients in a bowl. Blend well together.
- tbsp of zucchini mix = 1 zucchini fritter
- There are three ways to cook these fritters. Avoid deep frying! Very unhealthy!
- Heat oil in a skillet. Flip them on order to fry on both sides. Fry over low heat.
- Spray oil on skillet. This way you'll use less oil.
- Bake them! Cover an oven tray with some parchment paper and place fritters. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and sliced apricots on top. YUM!