This zucchini salad with mint and pickles is inspired by one of Jamie Oliver’s 15-minute healthy recipes. This quick and savory salad is raw, vegan and macrobiotic too!
Oh my, oh my… I never thought I’d like this salad so much the first time I saw it on Jamie Oliver’s TV show. I usually don’t like weird ingredient mixes in salads, like fruits and greens, or sweet and salty flavors, but this salad was the exception!
My mom called me a few weeks ago to tell me about this great zucchini and mint salad she saw on Jamie’s show. First, I was reluctant because mint and raw zucchini didn’t sound so appealing to me, but then I decided to give it a try. Oh…and I’m so glad I did! This is truly a great salad and all the credit for the inspiration goes to the amazing Jamie Oliver! 🙂
I added a personal touch too, the pickles and carrots go great in this! Also, I didn’t have some of the ingredients in the original recipe, so I skipped them. The result was just as good.
I really hope you’ll give it a try! This zucchini salad with mint and pickles is not only delicious, but raw, vegan and macrobiotic too! Enjoy!
- 3 medium zucchinis, grated
- 2 medium carrot, grated
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 pickles, sliced
- a few pinches of chilli powder
- 1-2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 handful of fresh mint, chopped
- 3-4 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- half a lemon's juice
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Grate zucchinis and carrots.
- Slice pickles.
- Put them in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. That's it!