Change language: Română
You’ll love these gluten-free savory muffins with mushrooms and thyme! These savory muffins are super-easy to make, have a perfect fluffy texture and are full of wonderful flavors!
I love cooking! If I could, I would cook all day long! Try new recipes, experiment with baking (my newest addiction!) and even teach others how to cook! 🙂 Yes, that’s my dream.
I try to focus on the things I like most. I want to start a business and actually, make a career out of my blog. Yes, that’s possible. Everything is possible if you put enough energy into it. 🙂
I love cooking on weekends and that’s usually the time when I bake too! About two weeks ago I made these lovely, gluten-free savory muffins with mushrooms and thyme. I absolutely loved them! They were so good that I actually made two batches, as the first one was gone in minutes! 😀 Don’t worry, I didn’t eat them all by myself. I had help! 😛
Gluten-free baking intrigues me. It may look difficult at first, but once you learn the basics, it’s actually pretty fun! I’m a beginner at this and I’m still using pre-made gluten-free flour mixes. I found some that I like most and use them in all my GF baking recipes.
These gluten-free savory muffins are very similar to my gluten-free mushroom bread recipe. I discovered that the quantities and techniques I use for my gluten-free savory bread recipes are super-versatile and can be used for so many other types of recipes! So, you don’t have to be an expert baker in order to cook delicious baked goodies. Some good basic recipes are enough!
Talking about basic gluten-free recipes, I made an awesome pizza this weekend! The crust turned out great! Maybe I’ll post the recipe soon, along with a guide on how to make a perfect GF pizza crust. What do you think? 🙂
Well, let’s get back to this recipe. These gluten-free savory muffins with mushrooms can be served as an appetizer, or for a breakfast or brunch. You can experiment with other flavors as well, for example, olives or pesto will be great too.
Unfortunately, this recipe isn’t vegan, as it contains eggs, but I’m planning on trying a vegan version too. I’ll let you know if I find a good vegan version for this. 🙂 Until then, bon appetit! 🙂
Gluten-Free Savory Muffins with Mushrooms and Thyme
- 1 1/2 cup Schar gluten-free flour Mix B if you're not gluten intolerant, you can use regular flour as well
- 4 large eggs
- 10 g baking powder
- 1/2 cup grapeseed/sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup fresh dill chopped (optional, but recommended)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsps dry thyme
- Mushroom mix:
- 6 button mushrooms chopped + 3 more, sliced (for toppings)
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Heat 1/2 Tbsp olive oil in a small pan.
- Add chopped onion and mushrooms, thyme, dill, salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Cover with a lid and remove from heat.
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks.
- Whisk egg whites in a large bowl. (you can use a hand mixer or a food processor)
- Add salt and thyme. Mix.
- Combine gluten-free flour with baking powder.
- Add beaten egg yolks and slowly combine together with the foamy egg whites using a spatula.
- Start adding flour in the bowl, little by little, while continuously incorporating using a spatula.
- When all flour is incorporated, add oil and sauteed mushrooms.
- Mix easily until well blended together.
- Put the muffin cups in the 12-muffins pan.
- Add batter in each muffin cup - about 2 Tbsps.
- Add 1 mushroom slice on each muffin.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180C for 25min. Check with a toothpick if ready.