This butter beans spread with Chanterelle mushrooms recipe is a quick appetizer you can make in just 15 minutes! It has a both creamy and meaty texture and a lovely, subtle wine flavor!
This butter beans spread with Chanterelle mushrooms and white wine is DIVINE!!! I love spreads and make them really often. I play with different toppings, spices and base ingredients and so far I haven’t created one spread recipe I didn’t like. This butter beans spread, though, is one of my best spread recipes so far! 😀
I’ve talked to you more about Chanterelle mushrooms in my Chanterelle Mushroom Pasta Tart post. I absolutely love these mushrooms and they have become my favorite! I decided to combine them with spices and white wine and create a savory topping for the basic beans spread recipe. It turned out great!
The whole recipe is ready in just 15 minutes, if you use canned butter beans, and it should be served warm. Enjoy! 🙂
- 1 800g(28oz) can butter beans, rinsed and drained (You can use dry beans and boil them yourself too; In that case use about 350g-400g dry beans)
- 2 cups Chanterelle mushrooms, sliced
- ½ glass white wine
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- half a lemon's juice
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 2 Tbsps extravirgin olive oil
- ½ tsp ground white pepper (use white pepper only; it has a more subtle flavor)
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh herbs (optional)
- Put butter beans, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic cloves, olive oil and a little bit of water in your food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a small pan.
- Add chopped onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add sliced mushrooms, dry thyme and white wine.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Put butter beans paste in a bowl. Serve with sauteed mushrooms on top. Add the sauce from the pan too.
- Add fresh herbs. (optional