This roasted garlic pasta recipe is simply an explosion of flavors and has an incredible taste! The silky-smooth vegan sauce is extremely versatile and can be used as a base pasta sauce for any other recipe. Give it a try!
It seems like Christmas came early on Gourmandelle this year! 😀 I was so excited when I was invited to test the Joya vegan milk and yogurt products and couldn’t wait to see how I can use them in my recipes. I didn’t even know there are so many different kinds available on the market and I was impressed by how good they taste. Who needs real milk when you can have these instead?! Better taste, cruelty-free, healthier… I think it’s a win-win situation here!
Even though I liked them all, I do have my favorites. The apricot yogurt and the vanilla and chocolate milks are by far the best in my opinion. Most of the products are sweet, so they can be used mostly for desserts, but they do have some natural-flavored types as well. Those are perfect for any kind of recipe, be it sweet or savory.
Check out the video below to see how easy this recipe is! 🙂
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
For this roasted garlic pasta recipe, I used the Natur Joya yogurt and the Soya Natural+Calcium milk. You can use this white vegan pasta sauce recipe as a base for any other recipe that calls for a delicious white sauce. It’s very versatile and instead of garlic, you can add in different flavors. I tried it with vegan pesto and it was AMAZING!
This was the first time I roasted garlic and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by its taste. It loses the strong, garlicky flavor and instead it gets caramelized and it’s way sweeter with a buttery texture. It is absolutely heavenly spread onto a crunchy slice of toast. You should try it but know that it is quite addictive! Don’t say I didn’t warn you! 😀
I also shot a small video for this roasted garlic recipe, which you can watch above. Don’t forget to Subscribe to my YouTube channel if you like my work. Your support is what keeps me going! 😀
P.S. If you’re a huge garlic fan like I am, check out my Italian-inspired pasta all’aglio recipe. I’m sure you’ll like it! 😉
- Boil the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package.
- Roast the garlic. Cut the upper part of every garlic head (see video), place the garlic on an aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then wrap it together and bake in the oven at 250C for 40 minutes.
- In a blender, add the roasted garlic, yogurt, milk, nutritional yeast, flour, salt and pepper. Process until silky smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a pan and stir continuously until it thickens. If it gets too thick, add more milk.
- Remove from heat and add the drained spaghetti. Mix well and serve with a drizzle of olive oil on top, some chopped herbs and optional, a sprinkle of ground, dry rosemary.