Tired of the basic hummus recipe? Try this roasted red pepper hummus with a lovely red-orange color and amazing taste! Vegan and delicious!
I’m back! I had some really stressful couple of weeks and I didn’t have time to post anything new on the blog. Even though I didn’t post anything new in a while, you should know I didn’t take a break from cooking!
I cook daily and this roasted red pepper hummus recipe is one of the recipes I made last week. I wanted to make this hummus recipe for a while now, as I first saw it here on Ella’s blog and it sounded delicious! I’m glad I gave it a try! It’s really easy to make and you’ll love the rich flavor given by the roasted red peppers and sweet paprika. If you buy already roasted red peppers, this will get even easier!
So, here it is my roasted red pepper hummus recipe! Enjoy 🙂
P.S. I LOVE Lebanese cuisine. If you love it too, check out Ottolenghi: The Cookbook. His recipes are truly inspiring!
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus
Tired of the basic hummus recipe? Try this roasted red bell pepper hummus with a lovely red-orange color and amazing taste!
- 1 can (800g | 28oz) chickpeas/garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 red bell peppers
- half a lemon's juice
- 1-2 Tbsps tahini paste
- 2-3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- optional: sesame seeds, sweet paprika, chopped parsley, 1-2 Tbsps diced red onion etc.
- How to roast red bell peppers:
- Rinse the red bell peppers.
- Remove the core and cut the peppers in 4
- Place the slices, skin-side up, onto a baking sheet. Slide them under the broiler and broil until the pepper skin has charred.
- While hot, put them in a large bowl and cover it with a lid. Let them steam a little (2-3 minutes).
- Peel them.
- Put all ingredients in your food processor.
- Process on high speed for 5 minutes until hummus is extra-smooth.
- Add a little bit of ice-cold water in order to make it as smooth as you want.
- Sprinkle some sweet paprika on top.
Amount Per Serving Calories 75Total Fat 6gCarbohydrates 4gProtein 1.2g
Want more hummus recipes? Try these Wild Garlic Hummus and Light & Fresh Lemony Hummus recipes.
Wednesday 25th of July 2018
Honestly, this is one of my favorite hummus recipes that I ever tried, and I must say that I tried many of them! So, so good!
Friday 7th of September 2018
Glad you liked it! :D
Thursday 22nd of May 2014
Nice point the roasted pepper! I really love hummus it's a very healthy snack. I have the traditional verison on my blog.