This is the basic Lebanese hummus recipe, made easy and ready in less than 5 minutes! I also added some delicious topping options you can choose from, to make this hummus even better!
I am absolutely CRAZY about hummus! I could eat hummus for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even as a snack, all in one day! I will never get tired of hummus and I can’t believe I only have one type of hummus recipe on my blog so far. I tried so many hummus recipes, from red bell pepper hummus, cilantro to basil pesto hummus, but didn’t post them on the blog, yet.
I want to transform this popular recipe and experiment with new flavors, textures and colors. Follow me on my vegan hummus journey and let’s start experimenting together!
Today, I will start with the easiest hummus recipe you can ever make! This 5-minute hummus recipe is perfect, in my opinion. This is the base. If you get this right, you can start by adding new flavors to make it even more interesting.
Here’s how easy it is to make it and it will be ready in less than 5 minutes! [I’m practical
(lazy) so I use canned chickpeas, when in a hurry. There’s nothing wrong with canned chickpeas people! Just read the label, it should contain only boiled chikpeas, water and salt – some may contain ascorbic acid which is vitamin C, so it’s ok.]
- 1 800g(28oz) can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- half a lemon's juice
- 4 Tbsps tahini paste
- 3-4 garlic cloves, mashed
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- optional: sesame seeds, sweet paprika, chopped parsley, 1-2 Tbsps diced red onion etc.
- Add all ingredients to your food processor and blend until smooth. If needed, add a little bit of water in order to make it smoother.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and garnish as you please.
Want more hummus recipes? Try this Light & Fresh Lemony Hummus.