If you love spicy food and hummus, then you’ll love this spicy hummus Beiruti recipe! It has a subtle spiciness and it’s so much better than the classic, simple hummus you are probably used to.
Hummus Beiruti is probably my favorite hummus recipe! It has a subtle spicy flavor I love and it also has chopped fresh parsley in it which adds to the texture and gives it a fresh taste.
The recipe is quite simple to make, the only process that will take some time is probably chopping the red bell pepper and fresh parsley into tiny bits (take your time and chop them into tiny cubes, it’s worth it!).
Chili flakes will give it that spicy flavor. I added only one teaspoon but you can add more depending on your preferences.
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
Serve this delicious spicy hummus recipe with pita bread or crackers. I cooked baba ganoush, falafel wraps and this delicious hummus all in just one day, so I organized quite a mezze party for me and Costin. 😀 It was a royal feast! The Middle Eastern cuisine is by far my favorite. 🙂
Hope you’ll enjoy this spicy hummus Beiruti as much as I did. Give it a try and let me know how it was.
- one 400g(14oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- half a lemon's juice
- 2-3 Tbsps tahini paste
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 5 Tbsps fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into tiny cubes
- 1 tsp chili flakes, or more, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- Put chickpeas into the food processor and process until smooth. Add the garlic cloves, cumin powder, salt and lemon juice, plus 2-3 tablespoons of water and process even more until you get a perfectly smooth texture. Have patience. 🙂 The longer you process it the smoother it gets. I let mine blend for 5 minutes.
- Add the tahini paste when the hummus is smooth. Pulse a couple of times until it is incorporated.
- Move the hummus to a large bowl. Add the chopped parsley, red bell pepper, and chili flakes. Mix well by hand.
- Serve with olive oil on top and garnish with red pepper, chili, and more parsley.