Give this pita pizza recipe a try! This is a quick veggie pita pizza recipe with tomato-basil sauce, pita bread crispy crust and lots of delicious veggies.
Veggie pita pizzas are my favorite! If you don’t enjoy baking or making your own homemade pizza dough, then pita bread is just perfect for making awesome, quick & easy pita pizza recipes. If you’re in a hurry and you want to make a great snack, pita bread is what you need!
I made this veggie pita pizza recipe last week for my non-veg friends. I didn’t want to scare them with my all-veg-party, so I decided to cook something familiar to them. This was a total success! It is so easy to make, I just threw the ingredients over the pita bread and the oven did all the work.
This is healthier than regular pizza, especially if you use whole grain pitas. I’m sure you’ll love how crispy and flavorful it is! Ah…and one more thing: Don’t forget to add some sweet corn! I totally forgot about it. Enjoy!
P.S. If you want another quick pizza recipe, this time gluten-free too, check out my gluten-free vegan pizzas!
- 2 large pita breads
- 2 Tbsps tomato paste
- ⅓ tsp dry basil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ onion, julienned
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 champignon mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsps black olives, sliced
- 2 Tbsps sweet corn (I forgot about it)
- Mix the tomato paste with the dry basil and then spread it on the pitas.
- Add sliced tomatoes, mushrooms and bell pepper, julienned onion, corn and olives. Garnish as you like.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Put pizzas on an oven tray and place them in the oven.
- Let them cook for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting it into wedges to serve.