Change language / Schimba limba: Română
These amaranth patties are healthy, easy to make and delicious! You’ll love this vegan amaranth recipe with a crispy texture and perfect blend of flavors! They’re rich in proteins too!
I don’t know if you remember, but a few weeks ago I posted a photo on Facebook with my white beans and amaranth patties ready to go into the oven. I also promised you the recipe. Well, I won’t be able to show you the final photos because I was clumsy as usual. I took the tray out of the oven and I didn’t grab it right. I burned myself and all the patties fell on the floor. What a mess! They were not even ready yet! I barely managed to save 3 or 4 amaranth patties. I was so hungry I ate them all right away.
I liked amaranth so much that I decided to give it another try. This time, I combined it with red lentils and the result was this delicious, vegan amaranth patties recipe! This is a protein-rich vegan recipe, both amaranth and lentils being very high in proteins and other essential nutrients. So if you’re looking to cook a protein-rich meal, this is one recipe you should consider saving.
In case you haven’t heard about amaranth or didn’t cook/ate it so far, here’s something you should know about this amazing cereal.
Amaranth is an over 8000 years old gluten-free cereal. In Ancient Greece it was considered a sacred plant and a symbol of eternal youth. Starting with the ’70s, its amazing health benefits have been rediscovered.
Amaranth can be named a super-cereal, as it is very rich in nutrients. It’s also known for its high concentration of proteins, vitamins, essential amino acids and minerals.
Amaranth also lowers cholesterol levels and has amazing anti-cancer properties.
- Add red lentils and amaranth in a pot. Cover with water and boil for 15 minutes. Strain them.
- Put them in a large bowl and blend in all the other ingredients, except oil. If the composition is too moist, add more breadcrumbs. The patties should be easy to form.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Make the patties – 1 Tbsps per patty.
- Fry them 2 minutes on each side.
- Put the amaranth patties on a plate covered with a paper towel, in order to absorb all excess oil.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Want more veggie patties recipes. Try these: