Change language: Română
Do you want to make the perfect, fluffy, gluten-free sponge cake? This is the recipe you were looking for! I was amazed by how delicious this gluten-free sponge cake with cocoa and dry fruits turned out!
I’m back again! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter and prepared lots of delicious vegetarian recipes for the Easter menu :). I took a little break from blogging, but I cooked a lot, so I have lots of new recipes to show you :D.
I’ll start with this amazing gluten-free sponge cake recipe, which was a huge success! Words just can’t describe how good this turned out to be!
Gluten-free baking is not that easy, especially if you’re a beginner and you’re still testing products and techniques. You may fail lots of times before getting one recipe right. This is actually the second attempt at making the gluten-free sweet bread recipe. The first one was an inedible disaster which was turned into sweet breadcrumbs.
I still don’t have the courage to make my own gluten-free flour mixes. I need lots of new ingredients, like xanthan gum for example, which I don’t know yet how to use. Anyway, until then, I still use the universal gluten-free flour mix by Schar which I think it is the best!
Even with this “almost” fail-proof gluten-free flour mix, you may not get the results you are looking for if you don’t follow the exact recipe. My recommendation is to be very strict when following recipes at first. Only after you get the basics of gluten-free baking, then you should start experimenting.
For example, this gluten-free sponge cake batter is really sticky and airy. If you add too much cocoa or dry fruits it’s enough to ruin this perfect fluffy sweet bread. Trust me, I know. That’s the inconvenient I found so far with this gluten-free flour mix. It’s so light and airy and if you add something heavier as a filling.
Anyway, here’s the wonderful, easy recipe for the gluten-free sponge cake with cocoa and dry fruits. Follow the exact ingredient quantities and steps if you want to achieve this result! Enjoy 🙂
- 200g (7oz) Schar gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 115g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 120ml (½ cup) grapeseed oil + more for greasing the tray
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cocoa
- 1 Tbsp dry fruits, I used papaya and apricots. You can use raisins too
- a pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven at 356F/180C.
- Grease the tray with some oil. The sizes of my tray are approx. 10cm x 30cm.
- Separate egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Whisk egg whites until foamy. Add sea salt.
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar, oil, vanilla extract and baking powder.
- Mix both slowly using a spatula.
- Slowly add flour and incorporate. Add the dry fruits. Mix again using a spatula.
- Save 1 Tbsp of the batter and put it in a small bowl. Add cocoa and mix.
- Pour the composition from the large bowl in the greased tray.
- Pour the cocoa mixture over the batter in the sweet bread tray. You can make the swirls on top using a teaspoon.
- Put it in the oven and let it bake for 35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 113Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 74mgSodium 93mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 4g
I strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. I encourage you to make your own calculations using your preferred nutrition calculator.