Change language | Schimba limba: Romanian
This green chickpea patties with tahini sauce recipe is not only delicious, but healthy too! Packed with proteins and vegan, I’m sure these chickpea patties will soon become your favorite too!
I think I should focus on an even more specific niche with my blog - the crazy veggie patties lovers niche! Hehe! I am CRAZY about veggie patties! This green chickpea patties recipe was inspired by my healthy vegan falafels which were a huge success! Over 16k pins and 1k likes! Thank you guys so much! It’s good to know there are so many people out there who are as passionate about healthy eating as I am.
These green chickpea patties are as good as the healthy vegan falafels I told you about. Or…are these even better?! Maybe! I love olives and they’re a perfect ingredient in vegan patties. Also, leafy greens are a must! I added some wild garlic leaves too!
Tahini is also my newest obsession. I discovered a great brand of tahini and I’ve been using it a lot in my recipes. I also made this Spring Spinach Salad with Tahini Dressing. Have you tried it already? If not, you should! The tahini dressing can turn any bland salad into a delicious treat!
So, here’s the AWESOME green chickpea patties recipe with tahini sauce. Yes, I”m not modest at all. This recipe deserves a prize!
Don’t forget, you can now upload your recipe photos using the Cooksnaps app below. Can’t wait to see how they turned out for you!
This green chickpea patties with tahini sauce recipe is not only delicious, but healthy too!
- 1 cup dry chickpeas or 2 cups of canned, boiled chickpeas (if you want to have these chickpea patties ready in 30 minutes, then you should use canned chickpeas. If you’ll use dry chickpeas, you have to soak them overnight and boild them for at least two hours)
- 1 large potato, boiled and mashed
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup wild garlic/ramps, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/3 cup black olives, sliced
- 5 Tbsps chickpea flour, or any other type of flour or breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp tahini paste + more for sauce
- oil (3-4 Tbsps) for frying
- Add boiled chickpeas in the food processor and blend well until they have a paste-like consistency.
- Put them in a large bowl and blend in all the other ingredients, except oil. If the composition is too moist, add more chickpea flour. The patties should be very easy to form.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Make the patties – 1 Tbsps per patty.
- Fry them 1-2 minutes on each side. Alternatively, you can bake them. Put the patties in a greased oven tray. Bake 15 minutes on each side.
- Put the falafels on a plate covered with a paper towel, in order to absorb all excess oil.
Want more veggie patties recipes. Try these:
- Red Lentil Veggie Burger Patties with Greens
- Vegetarian “Beef” Burger | Azuki Beans Veggie Burger
- Quinoa Patties with Feta Cheese and Olives
- Millet Cakes with Feta Cheese and Tomatoes
- Quinoa Patties with Sweet Corn and Herbs