Change language | Schimba limba: Romanian
This red lentil veggie burger patties recipe is one of my favorite vegan patties recipes, because it’s not only super-easy to make but very versatile and delicious too!
This is the easiest veggie burger patties recipe ever! For those of you who don’t know yet, I don’t like spending a lot of time in the kitchen. I never make recipes that require a lot cooking and I avoid baking as much as possible. I like simple recipes. Simple, healthy and delicious recipes! This is one of them.
These red lentil burger patties are ready in no time! I received tons of compliments for them even from my non-veg friends. I make them often, at least once a week! 15 lentil veggie burger patties are ready in only half an hour! They can be served with mashed potatoes or any other side dish of choice. They cam also be used as burger patties! Here’s an example of how you can make red lentil burgers! They look delicious, right?!
I know there are tons of red lentil veggie burger patties recipes out there, but if you want the easiest and quickest red lentil patties this is the recipe for you. This recipe is very versatile, you can add lots of new ingredients, such as olives, sweet corn, grated root vegetables and more! Presented here is the basic lentil veggie burger patties recipe and you can modify it as you please.
P.S. Today is the first day in the 10-day Ohsawa diet I’m going to keep. I posted some details about it on my FB page here and can’t wait to finish it and share with you my thoughts about it. Hope it will be as great as I heard, despite the fact that it’s one of the most difficult diets ever! Wish me luck!
This is a delicious vegetarian recipe for lentil veggie burger patties, with vegan version too!
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch dill, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 potato, boiled with its skin on, peeled afterwards and mashed
- 4 Tbsps inactive dry yeast flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- breadcrumbs – about 2/3 cup, more or less
- Add lentils in a pot and cover them with water. From the moment they start boiling, let them boil for about 15 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Strain the lentils very well and put them in a large bowl.
- Start mashing them a little, using a fork.
- Add mashed potato, inactive yeast makes, chopped onion, parsley, dill, mashed garlic, breadcrumbs, sea salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, or your hands, start mixing the composition. It has to be sticky and easy to mould. If it’s not it means that you didn’t strain the lentls very good and the composition is too wet. No problem, just add breadcrumbs until it has a dough-like consistency.
- Spray a non stick pan with some oil. Not too much.
- Put the remaining breadcrumbs in a large plate.
- Make the patties and then dip them in the breadcrumbs.
- Put each patty on the frying pan and let it fry about 2 minutes on each side.
- That’s it! Serve with mashed potatoes or use them to make burgers and sandwiches.
You can bake them too. Grease a large pan and place the patties. Cook 15 minutes on one side and another 15 on the other, at 180C.