This grilled vegan “chicken” burger is the perfect recipe for a vegan BBQ! It’s super easy to make, tastes like grilled chicken breast, and even your omni friends will love it!
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
I’m so happy I finally had the time to write this recipe! It’s too good not to be shared with you all! Even though Summer is almost gone, you still have time to throw an awesome vegan BBQ party and amaze even your omni friends with this delicious grilled vegan chicken burger recipe!
We had so much fun with our friends, Madalina & Nick, relaxing for an entire weekend and eating amazing vegan recipes everyday! I even shot a video showing you how beautiful the scenery is in Romania and what simple, quick and easy vegan barbecue recipes you can make!
We wanted to go to a picnic as well, on the hills, but it was extremely hot that day! So that’s a video for another time! Can’t wait to share some vegan picnic recipes with you! 🙂
Everything (except the burger buns) is cooked from scratch! These grilled vegan chicken burgers and the vegan grilled minced “meat” rolls were the main attraction of our vegan BBQ menu! We served both with a huge salad. The vegan chicken burgers had a side of oven-baked potato wedges and the minced “meat” rolls were served with grilled sweet potatoes.
I’ll post the recipe for the grilled minced “meat” rolls soon. These are called mititei in Romanian and are a staple recipe in my country. I am SO happy I managed to create a recipe that looks and tastes so similar to the real thing. Your meat-eating friends will be confused! 😀
The merit for this awesome grilled vegan chicken burger recipe is not entirely my own! Madalina is the one who had the idea of using Pleurotus mushrooms to mimic the taste and texture of grilled chicken breast. Thanks, Mada! 🙂
Vegan BBQ – Grilled Vegan “Chicken” Burger | Watch the video, below.
What do you think about the video? Hope you’ll like it! If you do, don’t forget to subscribe to my channel and give it a thumbs up! 🙂 I’m new to this YouTube stuff, so I really appreciate your support! I will start posting more and more videos. What do you think about a “What I eat in a day” series? Would you be interested in something like that?
- burger buns
- 250g oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus)
- 1 small eggplant, sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dry garlic powder
- chili flakes - a couple of pinches
- salt and ground pepper
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- 3-4 basil leaves, chopped
- Other burger ingredients:
- 1 avocado
- 2 pickled cucumbers, sliced
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced
- lettuce leaves
- basil leaves
- vegan mayo
- Prepare the marinade. Mix all marinade ingredients together and pour them over the oyster mushrooms and eggplant slices. Gently rub them and let them sit in the fridge for at least an hour before grilling.
- Heat the grill. Add the marinated eggplant slices and oyster mushrooms. Cook on both sides.
- Assemble the vegan chicken burgers! We'll make four.
- You can watch the video to see how it's made. Start by mashing the avocado and spread the paste on the burger buns. Add tomato slices, pickles, mayo, eggplant slice, oyster mushrooms, lettuce, basil leaves and top with the other half of the burger bun.
- Serve with delicious, oven-baked potato wedges and a huge salad!