This is the ultimate vegan hangover soup! This Pleurotus / oyster mushroom soup with pickles will cure your hangover immediately! This is also known as vegan tripe soup – crazy-good, but also vegan and healthy! Enjoy!
This vegan hangover soup is one of my favorite soup recipes ever! This Pleurotus / oyster mushroom soup with pickles is actually the veganized version for the popular tripe soup (belly soup). I used to love tripe soup back when I was a meat-eater. It’s pretty gross when you think about what it is actually made of, but still, it tasted really good if it was cooked properly! Now, I’m 100% honest when I tell you that this vegan version is 1000 times better than the original meat tripe soup recipe! The taste, the texture, the color, everything is the same! Plus, being vegan makes this recipe healthy and low fat too!
This soup recipe was tested by meat-eaters too and the verdict was that it was better than the original belly soup recipe! Pleurotus / Oyster mushrooms have such an amazing texture which resembles the texture of meat. When pickled, they are truly delicious! You’ll have to make this and see for yourself! 😀
It’s a tart, super-filling soup, which will make you instantly feel better and cure your nausea symptoms. It’s made with simple, healthy ingredients and it is also macrobiotic and gluten-free!
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
- 1 600-800g pickles jar
- 1 600-800g pickled red bell peppers
- 500g Pleurotus / oyster mushrooms
- 3 carrots
- 1 garlic head
- sea salt, ground pepper and ground coriander, to taste
- Option 1: 2 tsps potato or corn starch + 2 Tbsps mustard + ½ tsp curry powder + 3 Tbsps olive oil
- Option 2: 3 Tbsps vegan mayo
- Pour the vinegar from both pickle jars in a pot. Add 1 L of water.
- Slice the carrots and the pleurotus mushrooms.
- Let them boil for 15 minutes.
- Add 5 sliced pickles and 5 sliced pickled red bell peppers.
- Add 5-6 sliced garlic cloves.
- Let them boil for another 10 minutes.
- If you you choose the first sauce option: In a separate large bowl, add mustard, starch, olive oil and curry powder. Mix using a hand mixer.
- Mash and add the rest of garlic cloves in the mustard "mayo".
- If you choose the second version, add vegan mayo but keep in mind the instruction below,
- Important! Don't add the "mayo" in the boiling water. Add about 1 cup of hot water from the pot at time into the "mayo" bowl. Pour slowly and mix continuously. Keep on adding hot water and mixing, until you've added about 800ml of water from the boiling pot into the "mayo"bowl. Now you can pour this back into the soup pot.
- Remove from heat and serve.