These are the best gluten-free vegan pancakes ever! Actually, they’re the best fluffy pancakes, period. Being vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free is definitely a plus!
I wasn’t a big fan of American pancakes, as I usually make crepes instead, but now everything has changed! I discovered the perfect combination of ingredients needed to create perfect, fluffy, gluten-free vegan pancakes! Can you believe these are sugar-free too? I used stevia powder (with 0 calories!), which I love!
I am really, really excited to show you this recipe! I’ve already made these gluten-free vegan pancakes three times now and loved every bit of them. They’re so good that it would be such a pity not to share this recipe with you too.
The recipe is super-easy! No MasterChef skills needed. I used basic ingredients and my favorite gluten-free flour mix by Schar. Of course, you can use your favorite brand if you want. Also, if you’re not gluten-free, you can make this recipe with wheat flour too.
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
Bananas are truly amazing! They’re great egg replacers in vegan baked goodies, and they add both sweetness and texture to the recipes. To make these pancakes even better, I also added vanilla/rum extract and….coconut oil! Yes, you heard it right! Thes pancakes will also have a subtle nutty flavor. YUM!
I opted for a chocolate topping, but you can use any other topping you want, from jams and syrups to all kinds of fruits. By the way, check out Jolene’s 20 Perfect Pancake Toppings post. You’ll find plenty of ideas there. 🙂
So, here’s my best gluten-free vegan pancakes recipe! Enjoy! I’m really looking forward to receiving your feedback!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour Schar (if you're not GF you can use regular wheat flour)
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsps stevia powder(or other healthy sweeteners)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- oil, for frying
- toppings of choice: chocolate, fruits, vanilla cream, syrups, jams.
- Add bananas in the blender and puree until smooth.
- Add gluten-free flour mix in a large bowl. Pour over the blended bananas.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, stevia powder, coconut oil, vanilla and rum extracts.
- Mix everything using a hand mixer. The composition has to have a thick yogurt consistency. If needed add a little bit of water or nut milk.
- Use a non-stick pancakes pan.
- Heat 1-2 Tbsps of oil in the pan. When heated, pour all oil in a small cup. You'll reuse this later. The pan only has to be greased. Depending on the size of the pan you're using, you can make 2-4 pancakes at a time.
- Use a ladle half-filled with batter for each pancake. Pour it in the hot pan. The pancakes should have a max. 10cm diameter.
- Let the pancake cook on one side until golden, then flip it on the other side.
- When cooked, move the pancakes aside.
- Repeat the process until you finish. Don't forget to grease the pan before each batch.
- Serve with toppings of choice on top. Enjoy!