This celeriac salad with avocado mayo dressing will even satisfy the taste buds of the pickiest eaters! This salad is both crunchy and moist and has a very interesting blend of flavors. Raw vegan and healthy too!
Avocado mayo is bliss! I just love it! I recently started eating more avocados, as I finally learned how to pick them right! Now I almost always have at least one avocado in the house. I usually add them to salads or use them in desserts, but I’ve never tried avocado mayo until now! Well, no more regular egg-based mayo for me from now on!
Celeriac is one of my favorite root vegetables. I love celeriac juice, celeriac salad, and celeriac soup! Everything with celeriac si simply great. What I don’t like about it, though, is that it’s pretty difficult to peel and grate. I always ask somebody else to grate celeriac for me :). By the way, have you ever tried celeriac puree? Pure awesomeness!
I’m sure you’ll love this celeriac noodle salad as much as I do! It has such an amazing blend of textures. The crunchy celeriac noodles go great with the creamy avocado dressing and soft, pickled red bell peppers. The flavors are just perfect together. I also added some mustard in the avocado mayo and it made it even better! Plus, look at it! It has such lovely colors! 🙂
The corn flakes are entirely optional. I added them for two reasons: they look nice and they add some extra crunch.
This celeriac salad is raw vegan, macrobiotic and perfect for summer! It will be ready in 10-15 minutes and serves 4. Enjoy! 🙂
Celeriac Salad with Avocado Mayo Dressing
This celeriac salad with avocado mayo dressing is both crunchy and moist! Raw vegan too!
- 360-450g (4-5 cups) grated celeriac - grated using a mandoline, noodles
- 5-6 pickled red bell peppers slices, cut lengthwise
- 5g (½ cup) fresh parsley, chopped
- corn flakes, optional, for some extra crunch
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Avocado mayo dressing:
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1-2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- Grate celeriac using a mandoline. Select the blade which will grate it in a thin, noodle-like shape. See the photos. Place the grated celeriac in a large bowl.
- Add sliced pickled red bell peppers and fresh chopped parsley.
- Make avocado mayo dressing: Add all ingredients except oil in the bowl of your food processor and blend until smooth. Drizzle the oil slowly into the processor while blending.
- Add avocado mayo over the celeriac noodles in the bowl and mix.
- When serving, add corn flakes on top. (optional)
Amount Per Serving Calories 192Total Fat 15gCarbohydrates 12gProtein 2g
Wednesday 25th of July 2018
This dressing is simply perfect! ^_^ I'm planning on using it for other salads too, I bet it's a real treat!
Thank you for sharing.
Friday 7th of September 2018
You're welcome! Happy to hear you liked the recipe!
Tuesday 3rd of July 2018
Buna, Ruxandra! Cum alegi avocado, cel verde/negru/mare/mic? care e cel mai bun, ca eu il nimeresc ba prea tare, ba stricat in interior? Multumesc pt minunatele retete vegetariene si pt idei! cu mare drag, Elena
Sunday 8th of July 2018
Buna! Multumesc! :D Nu conteaza daca e negru sau verde, sunt doar soiuri diferite. Eu in verific in asa fel incat la apasare sa fie foarte putin moale iar daca ii scot tumburusul acela din varf, sub el trebuie sa fie o culoare usor maronie, nu verde. Daca e verde inseamna ca nu e copt, cand e maro deschis inseamna ca e ready to eat. :) De asemenea, cumpar de obicei la punguta din Carrefour sau Mega, avocado la 10-13lei punga. E cel mai bun. Chiar daca e mai tare cand il cumpar, se coace in casa in 2-3 zile.
Tuesday 24th of April 2018
Tuesday 1st of May 2018
Glad you liked it! :D