This celeriac salad with avocado mayo dressing will even satisfy the taste buds of the pickiest eaters! This salad is both crunchy and moist and has a very interesting blend of flavors. Raw vegan and healthy too!
Avocado mayo is bliss! I just love it! I recently started eating more avocados, as I finally learned how to pick them right! Now I almost always have at least one avocado in the house. I usually add them to salads or use them in desserts, but I’ve never tried avocado mayo until now! Well, no more regular egg-based mayo for me from now on!
Celeriac is one of my favorite root vegetables. I love celeriac juice, celeriac salad, and celeriac soup! Everything with celeriac si simply great. What I don’t like about it, though, is that it’s pretty difficult to peel and grate. I always ask somebody else to grate celeriac for me :). By the way, have you ever tried celeriac puree? Pure awesomeness!
I’m sure you’ll love this celeriac noodle salad as much as I do! It has such an amazing blend of textures. The crunchy celeriac noodles go great with the creamy avocado dressing and soft, pickled red bell peppers. The flavors are just perfect together. I also added some mustard in the avocado mayo and it made it even better! Plus, look at it! It has such lovely colors! 🙂
The corn flakes are entirely optional. I added them for two reasons: they look nice and they add some extra crunch.
This celeriac salad is raw vegan, macrobiotic and perfect for summer! It will be ready in 10-15 minutes and serves 4. Enjoy! 🙂
- 360-450g (4-5 cups) grated celeriac - grated using a mandoline, noodles
- 5-6 pickled red bell peppers slices, cut lengthwise
- 5g (½ cup) fresh parsley, chopped
- corn flakes, optional, for some extra crunch
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Avocado mayo dressing:
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1-2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- Grate celeriac using a mandoline. Select the blade which will grate it in a thin, noodle-like shape. See the photos. Place the grated celeriac in a large bowl.
- Add sliced pickled red bell peppers and fresh chopped parsley.
- Make avocado mayo dressing: Add all ingredients except oil in the bowl of your food processor and blend until smooth. Drizzle the oil slowly into the processor while blending.
- Add avocado mayo over the celeriac noodles in the bowl and mix.
- When serving, add corn flakes on top. (optional)
Amount Per Serving Calories 192Total Fat 15gCarbohydrates 12gProtein 2g