This pasta with arugula pesto and capers is just the perfect recipe for a hot summer day! It bursts with flavors and it is both light and fresh! Vegan and GF too!
Capers, you either love them or hate them! I’m a capers fan kind of person. I absolutely love them! They’re just like little pickles, yum and sour. I don’t get it why some people hate capers (Uhm, my parents included). Maybe it has something to do with bad food memories? Or they just don’t like their taste (Why…???). Anyway, in this pasta with arugula pesto, capers are just perfect! Of course, if you’re in the second category mentioned above, you may omit them, the pasta will still be good.
I used to eat arugula, also known as rocket or rucola, once or twice a year and usually when eating out. I’ve always thought it was a bit expensive for what it really is – young dandelion leaves. It’s basically a weed so its price isn’t justified at all. Anyway, I was buying some groceries a week ago and saw a pack of arugula at a more decent price than usual. I decided to give it a try. Oh, so good I did! I just fell in love with it.
I’ve eaten arugula before, but for some reason, I wasn’t amazed by its taste. Maybe the recipes it was used in weren’t too good, I don’t know, but now I feel like I rediscovered arugula. I used it in pizzas, hummus and now in this awesome pasta with arugula pesto recipe! I just can’t get enough of it! Tori’s asparagus, avocado and arugula salad is next on my to-do list. 🙂
If you like arugula as much as I do, then you’ll absolutely love this pasta with arugula pesto recipe! I also made it vegan, gluten-free and healthy!
- 200g (7 oz) GF pasta, I used gluten-free tagliatelle by Dr. Schar
- 1-2 Tbsps capers
- Arugula Pesto:
- 60g (3 cups) fresh arugula
- 2 cloves garlic
- 40g (½ cup) toasted walnuts
- 4-5 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil pasta following the instructions on the package.
- Add all arugula pesto ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Move boiled pasta into a large bowl. Add arugula pesto and capers. Blend together.
- Serve with a couple of fresh arugula leaves on top.
Amount Per Serving Calories 840Total Fat 43.5gCarbohydrates 88.6gProtein 23.5g