This grilled smoked tofu tomato salad is a perfect summer salad recipe! It bursts with flavors and has a semi-sweet smoky taste. It’s ready in just a few minutes.
I dream about having my own garden, with flowers, fruits, vegetables, shaded places where I can read! Bliss! Until my dream will come true, I try to visit my boyfriend’s parents as much as possible and enjoy spending time in their lovely garden!
That’s what I did last week. I ate the best tomatoes ever: juicy, super-sweet, absolutely perfect! And I also stayed outside all day, reading and ocassionaly playing on my computer. That’s what I call relaxation. 😀
I also photographed these lovely veggies which I “sacrificed” later to make roasted eggplant and tomato salad! Perfection! These tomatoes really remind you of what they really are… fruits! They are so sweet and the little ones, the cherry tomatoes, can be as well called nature’s candy! 🙂
All of the veggies and fruits from their garden are 100% bio and natural. No pesticides were used. I wish I could show you how good these tomatoes taste. The store-bought ones are garbage compared to these. You can really tell the difference between a natural-grown plant and a GMO/conventional one. Taste, appearance, everything is different!
We ended the day with some grilled sweet corn and smoked tofu tomato salad. It was just perfect; light and full of flavors, just like any summer dinner should be.
Get your hands on some organic tomatoes and cook this recipe as soon as possible! It’s made with simple, natural ingredients and I’m sure you’ll love it too! 😀
- 5 red cherry tomatoes
- 5 orange cherry tomatoes
- 4 Tbsps sweet corn
- 3 Tbsps sliced olives
- 80g smoked tofu, sliced
- ½ Tbsp extravirgin olive oil
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Cut tomatoes in half and put them in the heated pan.
- Add salt and ground pepper.
- Cover with a lid and let them cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and put tomatoes in a bowl.
- Slice smoked tofu and grill it in the pan for 1 minute on each side.
- Add olives and sweet corn over the tomatoes in in the bowl. Top with sliced tofu and serve warm.