This easy vegan key lime pie is ready in just 15 minutes and requires only 5 basic ingredients! It has a fresh, lime flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness.
I wanted to make a vegan key lime pie for ages and now I finally did it! It’s just as good as I thought and a perfect dessert for hot Summer days! I made it raw vegan (well, semi-raw vegan because I used biscuits as a base) and refined sugar-free! This dessert is actually good for your health! 🙂
In case you are not familiar with what the traditional key lime pie is, here are some facts about this popular American dessert. Key lime pie is a Southern American dessert recipe, traditionally made of lime juice, egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk in a pie crust. Sometimes it is served with a meringue topping and baking it is entirely optional, due to a chemical reaction between condensed milk and the acidic lime juice the cream will thicken by itself.
All you need is a blender or a food processor and this delicious, fresh dessert can be ready in less than 15 minutes! You can enjoy this healthy key lime pie with your family or friends! Plus, it’s refined-sugar-free!
Hope you’ll give it a try and let me know how it turned out for you. 🙂
- 250g (1 ⅔ cup) raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 3 Tbsps coconut oil
- the juice of 2 limes
- the zest of 2 limes
- healthy sweetener of choice, to taste(I used fructose)
- 100g (3.5 oz) plain biscuits, gluten-free, if needed
- 2 Tbsps coconut oil
- Add the biscuits in a blender and blend until they have the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Pour them into a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Mix well.
- I used 3 souffle forms for these mini vegan key lime pies. Use some parchment paper to cover the bottom (cut it into a circle). Grease the bottom and the walls of the form.
- Divide the crust composition into three, and add it into the forms. Press gently to cover the bottoms.
- Add the cashews, coconut oil and lime juice into the blender or food processor. Blend very well until the composition is extra smooth. Add a little bit of water or more lime juice if needed.
- When the composition is smooth and creamy, add the sweetener and blend for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add the lemon zest into the blender and mix using a spoon.
- Add 2-3 spoons of key lime pie cream into each form.
- Sprinkle some lemon zest on top of each one and place them in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
Amount Per Serving Calories 921Total Fat 74.5gCarbohydrates 44.2gProtein 18.3g