This protein-packed vegan mushroom burger is not only delicious but healthy too! It’s perfect for school or office lunches!
I have some great news for you! I’m planning on launching a membership section on my blog, which will be focused on meal prepping, easy & quick vegan recipes and tips on how to eat better without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. It will contain weekly videos and will be structured like an online vegan cooking course/meal prepping course. I hope it will be ready to launch by the end of this month *fingers crossed* and I will soon create a separate page for it with more details. 😀
Also, I’ve been invited recently to cook on a popular Romanian TV show called ‘Sanatatea in Bucate’, you can see the video here, and I chose to make my recent enchiladas recipe and of course, some vegan burgers! Hope you’ll like the video! 😀
Now, about this mushroom burger recipe…What I love about vegan burgers and vegan patties is that you can easily make the mushroom patties ahead and simply assemble the burger whenever you’re hungry. You can also freeze them for later and either bake them or fry them. The recipe itself is very versatile and you can play with different types of beans and spices.
If you’re looking for more similar recipes, try this eggplant burger, protein-rich mushroom patties and check out my mushroom recipes collection! Don’t forget to take photos of the recipes you try from my blog and share them with me on Instagram by using the hashtag #gourmandellerecipe. I’ll feature you on Facebook and Instagram Stories! 🙂
- Mushroom Burger Patty:
- 4 cups button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can, 400g beans, any kind
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 Tbsps breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husks , or ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- oil, for frying
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 4 burger buns
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 very thin onion slices
- 2-3 pickled cucumbers, sliced
- vegan mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp per burger
- ketchup, 1 Tbsp per burger
- Put the roughly chopped mushrooms and beans into a food processor or a blender. If you don't have a food processor or a blender, you can simply mash everything by hand and dice the mushrooms. Blend together.
- Put the composition into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients for the mushroom burger patties. Mix well using a fork.
- If you want the burger patties to be easier to shape, leave the composition to rest in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Heat some oil in a large, non-stick pan and add the patties, one by one. Lightly fry them on both sides, until they get a nice crust. Move them on a paper towel.
- Assemble the mushroom burgers. Spread a layer of vegan mayonnaise and ketchup on the halved buns. Add lettuce, some tomato, onion and pickles slices, the mushroom burger patty and that's it! Enjoy a delicious vegan mushroom burger!