This easy vegan enchiladas recipe is not only delicious but also very rich in proteins! Made with quinoa and beans and lots of vegan cheese on top, this vegan enchiladas recipe is the perfect comfort food!
I just discovered a new food passion – Mexican cuisine! Can you believe I’ve never had burritos or enchiladas before? I think the only Mexican foods I’ve eaten so far are guacamole and tortilla chips. It’s sad, I know. But now that I’ve discovered how amazing Mexican recipes are, you’ll soon see some vegan burritos, tacos and other awesome recipes on my blog! 🙂
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
I even filmed a video for this awesome vegan enchiladas recipe. It was crazy good and can’t wait to try it with other fillings as well. You’ll also see a short promo in the beginning for the best ceramic pans I’ve used so far which were sent to me by Mega Image. More details on the Romanian version of this post.
In case this is the first time you try enchiladas, you should know that this recipe is quite spicy! I cooked a milder version which won’t make you spit flames like a dragon. :)) The original enchiladas recipe uses up to 5 different types of chili peppers for the sauce! By definition, ‘enchilada’ means to spice food with chili, so you understand what this recipe is all about.
I didn’t use 5 types of chili, but instead added some chili powder and hot paprika, to taste. Also, the original enchiladas recipe has a meat-based filling. I used quinoa, beans, and corn for this vegan, healthier version.
After I took it out of the oven, drizzled some avocado sauce on top and added some fresh parsley. If you want, you can use fresh coriander, but I can’t stand it! 🙂 It tastes like soap to me.
Hope you’ll like my vegan enchiladas recipe! Give it a try and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @gourmandelleblog so I can see how it turned out for you! 🙂
- 6 tortilla wraps
- 2 cans of black or red beans (400g can | 15 ounces can)
- 1 can
peeledand chopped tomatoes (400g can | 15 ounces can)
- 1 can corn (400g can | 15 ounces can)
- 1 cup quinoa, boiled
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic head, sliced
- 1 Tbsp sweet paprika
- hot paprika and/or chili powder, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 2 Tbsps oil
- 1 cup grated vegan cheese
- Hot Sauce:
- 3½ cups passata
- chili flakes or powder, to taste
- Avocado Sauce:
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the beans, corn, boiled quinoa and spices.
- Let them cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the can of peeled tomatoes. Mix well and cook for 5-6 more minutes.
- Grease an oven pan with some oil.
- Make the burritos by filling them with the beans and quinoa filling. See the video for instructions.
- Place the burritos into the pan.
- Pour over the hot sauce made of passata and chili.
- Sprinkle grated vegan cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven at 200C for 30-40 minutes.
- For the avocado sauce, just blend the avocados with the lime juice and some water until you reach a yogurt-like consistency.
- Drizzle over enchiladas when you're about to serve them.