Change language: Română
You’ll love this easy vegan vanilla cheesecake recipe! It’s made with an unusual ingredient and has an extra-smooth texture! Check it out!
You won’t believe what ingredient I used for this super-creamy vegan vanilla cheesecake! …it’s chickpeas! Yeah, you’ve heard well…chickpeas! A while back I saw a recipe on Pinterest for a vegan cake that had chickpeas in it for the cream. It was a bit unusual but the end result looked pretty amazing so I decided to give it a try and use chickpeas in vegan desserts. Glad I did! They give the recipe a super-smooth, creamy consistency without tasting the actual chickpeas at all!
This vegan vanilla cheesecake is so easy to make, your blender will pretty much do all the work. I used homemade apricot jam for the filling but you can use any other fillings you want. Imagine this with some chocolate ganache on top! Oh my! I think I’ll make it with chocolate next time. I bet it will be heavenly good!
The quantities below are for about 8 servings, but guess what, it was so good that me and my boyfriend ate it all in one day… just the two of us! No guilt whatsoever. We loved it!
Hope you’ll give it a try! Watch the video above to see exactly how it’s done and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel if you want to be the first who sees my videos! I post every Thursday! 🙂
Vegan Vanilla Cheesecake with Apricot Jam – video recipe
- 300g (10.5) vegan biscuits, you can use GF biscuits if needed
- 100ml (3.3) coconut oil
- 2 cans (400g | 14oz each) boiled chickpea, drained
- 240ml (1 glass) vegan milk , I used vanilla-flavored soy milk by Joya
- 500g (2 cups) vegan yogurt, without flavor or vanilla flavored (I used natural soy yogurt by Joya)
- 4 Tbsps brown sugar
- 3 Tbsps psyllium husks
- 60g (½ cup) flour
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- homemade apricot jam - you can use any other type of jam you want
- Add the biscuits into the blender and pulse 2-3 times until they're crumbled.
- Add some parchment paper on the bottom of a cake tin (with removable walls) and grease it with coconut oil.
- Add the crumbled biscuits and coconut oil. Mix well together and press onto the bottom of the cake tin.
- Add all the ingredients for the cream and process until smooth.
- Pour this over the biscuit crust and spread evenly.
- Add apricot jam on top and press it inside the cheesecake.
- Bake in the oven at 200C for about 30 minutes.
- Let it cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 734Total Fat 26.8gCarbohydrates 94.5gProtein 28.7g