These protein-rich mushroom hemp patties with herbs not only taste great but also have the perfect patties texture! Give them a try!
I started experimenting with hemp food products, such as hemp oil, hemp seeds, hemp protein powder and even hemp flour! I realized that hemp is an incredible product and has so many great benefits. It’s very rich in proteins and good fats and helps with a lot of health issues.
Before I tell you about this wonderful, protein-rich mushroom patties recipe, you should know why hemp is so amazing! Here are some hemp health facts below.
The amazing health benefits of hemp
Hemp is a variety of the Cannabis sativa plant. It is not the same as marijuana, as it does not contain the high levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
- The essential fatty acids contained in hemp reduce blood cholesterol and thus prevent plaque buildup in the arteries.
- Hemp improves your memory and prevents diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Hemp oil is often used for cosmetic purposes in products such as soaps, skin lotions and lip balms. It clears up skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and dry skin.
- Hemp is a natural appetite suppressant and helps you to feel full longer. Add 4 tablespoons of hemp seeds to your breakfast and reduce your food cravings for the rest of the day.
- Hemp is rich in fibers and thus it keeps your digestive tract clean and healthy.
- Hemp reduces your risk of breast, colon, and prostate cancers because of the antioxidants and plant sterols it contains.
- Hemp seeds are also essential if you are diabetic, as they control your blood sugar levels.
- Hemp seeds are very rich in proteins and are great for vegetarians!
These are just a few of the great health benefits of hemp.
I decided to create a super-protein-rich meal with hemp and what better ingredient to go along with other than mushrooms! We all know mushrooms are very rich in proteins and they also have a meaty texture, so I created these protein-rich mushroom patties for vegetarians! They were not only healthy but really good too! You should try this mushroom patties recipe and see for yourself 🙂
Protein-Rich Mushroom Patties
This is a vegan recipe for protein-rich mushroom hemp patties with herbs. These mushroom hemp patties have a great texture and taste!
- 360g (4 cups) button mushrooms, chopped
- 5 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 3 Tbsp dill, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp dry thyme
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 Tbsp water, or one large egg
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3-4 Tbsp hemp protein powder - Start by adding 3 Tbsp; If the composition is too moist and you cannot make the patties easily, add more until it has the right consistency. The hemp powder will absorb all excess water.
- 4 Tbsp white wine, optional
- 3 Tbsp oil for frying/baking + 1 Tbsp oil for cooking
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix the ground flax and water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet. Add chopped onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms, dry thyme, wine, salt, and pepper. Saute for 10 minutes and cover with a lid.
- Remove from heat.
- Add egg/flax egg and inactive dry yeast flakes and mix al ingredients together.
- Add chopped dill, hemp seeds and hemp protein powder. When adding hemp protein powder, start by adding 3 Tbsps. If the composition is too moist and you cannot make the patties easily, add more until it has the right consistency. The hemp powder will absorb all excess water.
- There are 2 ways you can cook the patties. A.Low fat or B. Baking.
- A. Grease a non-stick pan with some oil and add the patties. 1Tbsp per patty. Fry 1-2 minutes on each side.
- B. Grease an oven tray with some oil. Add patties and cook for 25-30 minutes at 200C. Flip them on the other side after 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 83Total Fat 5gCarbohydrates 5.3gProtein 4.2g
Sunday 13th of September 2020
Can I use cremini mushrooms instead of white or button mushrooms?
Friday 25th of September 2020
Tuesday 30th of April 2019
OMG! I'm so glad I found this recipe! I've been making my own mushroom broth and am left with a bunch of leftover mushroom solids afterwords. I've worked them into recipes, but I love using them for these mushroom patties! I want to play with sausage seasonings to have a breakfast style patty! I might even be able to get my mushroom hating husband to try it!
Wednesday 22nd of May 2019
So happy you like it! :D
Monday 23rd of July 2018
I love vegan patties but this one has to be my favorite. The herbs really make a difference! :) Yum!
Friday 7th of September 2018
Glad you liked it! :D
Monday 9th of April 2018
This recipe looks amazing! Just what I've been looking for...just one question...can I use hemp hearts - raw shelled hemp seeds - in place of the hemp seeds and hemp protein powder in your recipe?
Tuesday 1st of May 2018
Shelled hemp seeds may be too hard for this recipe, maybe if you turn them into a flour? Blend them then add them to the recipe. It should work.
Monday 23rd of October 2017
Hi, this looks like a great recipe, however, can anything else be substituted for the nutritional yeast? Or can it be left out?
Wednesday 25th of October 2017
You can simply leave it out. :) Let me know if you liked the recipe after you try it. :D