Here’s how you can make a delicious vegan blueberry clafoutis recipe quickly and easily. It’s also gluten-free!
Clafoutis is a world-known French dessert which is basically a simple baked fruit dessert with a flan-like batter. This dessert is traditionally made with black cherries, but other fruits such as berries, apples, red and sour cherries, plums, and pears can be used. It is served warm, with cream and then dusted with sugar.
The clafoutis or clafouti recipe originates from the Limousin region in France and even though its name sounds fancy, like most other French recipes, it is quite an easy recipe to make. The traditional recipe uses eggs and dairy products but you can easily veganize this delicious dessert using some silken tofu, dairy-free milk and coconut oil.
I’ve recently written a guide about the French cuisine and its most popular recipes. So if you’re looking for more amazing French recipe, check out my French Cuisine Guide. You’ll also find some links to my French recipes.
Even if your baking skills are not that developed, this is a recipe even a beginner cook can successfully make. The blender/food processor will pretty much do all the work for you.
You can serve this yummy, refined-sugar-free dessert with some vegan yogurt, cream or vanilla ice-cream on top! 🙂 Enjoy!
Vegan Blueberry Clafoutis
Here's how you can make a delicious vegan blueberry clafoutis recipe quickly and easily. It's also gluten-free!
- 85g (½ cup) blueberries, I used frozen
- 85g (½ cup) sour cherries, I used frozen
- 300g (10.5 oz) silken tofu
- 150g (1 cup) white rice flour, or regular all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 4 Tbsps coconut sugar, or any other sweetener of choice
- 5 Tbsps almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil + extra for greasing
- a pinch of salt
- dairy-free yogurt or vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease your baking dish with oil. Add the blueberries and cherries, in a single layer, on the bottom.
- In a food processor or blender, add silken tofu and almond milk and blend until smooth. Add the flour, tapioca, sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Mix well.
- Blend until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- Serve with a scoop of yogurt on top.
Amount Per Serving Calories 309Total Fat 6.8gCarbohydrates 56gProtein 5.9g
Saturday 12th of February 2022
Can the rice flour be substituted for coconut flour? Would it be the same amount if so?
Thursday 10th of March 2022
Hi Daniela. It should work with coconut flour as well, but I haven't tried it myself so I cannot be 100% sure.
Saturday 5th of June 2021
Hi, do you defrost the fruit before putting it in, or put them in frozen? Thanks!
Friday 9th of October 2020
Would it be okay to make this without the tapioca? I'm intolerant to it. Thank you! x
Friday 12th of February 2021
Add corn starch instead. ;)
Friday 12th of February 2021
Add corn starch insead. ;)
Monday 25th of November 2019
Anyone ever tried to freeze this?
Tuesday 22nd of October 2019
Wonderful recipe, the cake`s texture was amazing, thank you!
Thursday 20th of February 2020
Thank you! So happy you liked it!