Here’s how you can make a fresh, colorful and fruity vegan Easter tart! This delicious recipe is extremely easy to make and doesn’t require baking.
This Easter’s menu is going to be spectacular with 100% cruelty-free vegan meals! I even made a vegan “lamb rack” recipe which is just jaw-dropping! I will post it soon on the blog, video included, so you can make it for this Easter too. 🙂
This vegan fruit tart is incredibly easy to make. The prep part takes roughly 15 minutes and doesn’t even require baking! All you have to do is mix some ingredients, decorate the tart and then put it in the fridge or freezer. You can enjoy it after just 2 hours, though I would recommend leaving it overnight.
For the vegan cream, I used just 2 ingredients: vegan yogurts and psyllium husks. Joya’s peach soy yogurt is by far my favorite and its fruity flavor is just perfect for this tart. While filming the video recipe, I also got the idea of making a different vegan cream, more like a vanilla custard using the Soya Vanilla milk by Joya, but it requires boiling and mixing it with agar and had no idea how it would turn out. I promise I will test this combination too and let you know the results.
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
Did you notice the pretty egg-shape? I wanted to decorate this tart like an Easter egg. Well, my decorating skills suck, but it turned out decent nonetheless. 🙂 I used an oval-shaped ceramic dish that was about 35x15cmx4cm.
Of course, you can make this vegan fruit tart in any other shape you want, just keep in mind that you may have to adjust the quantities if the volume of the dish you’re using is larger than mine. Also, it’s suitable for a gluten-free diet if you use GF biscuits for the base!
Hope you’ll like this simple and easy vegan fruit tart I made for this Easter. Give it a try and don’t forget to follow my blog so you won’t miss the amazing vegan “lamb rack” recipe I’ll post soon. 🙂
Watch the video below to see exactly how I made this vegan fruit tart.
Vegan Fruit Tart Video Recipe | Vegan Easter Tart
- 150g vegan biscuits
- 5 Tbsps vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 4 vegan yogurts (200ml each; I used Joya peach yogurts)
- 5 Tbsps psyllium husks
- For decorating the tart:
- grapes, strawberries, peaches, kiwis, or any other fruits of choice
- Put the biscuits in a Ziploc bag. Close the bag and start smashing them using a roller pin. Turn them into tiny crumbles.
- Put them into a bowl. Add melted vegan butter or coconut oil and mix. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the vegan yogurts and psyllium husks. Mix well.
- Cover an oval-shaped dish with some cling film on the bottom and on the sides. Leave larger margins of cling film. This will help you remove the tart from the dish after refrigerating it.
- Add the crumbled biscuits on the bottom, spread them evenly and press them firmly.
- Pour the cream. Spread evenly.
- Decorate with your favorite fruits. I tried to make it look like a decorated Easter egg.
- Place it in the freezer or fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- When it's ready to serve, remove the tart from the dish by lifting the cling film. Cut and serve. Keep it in the fridge.