Change language: Română
This gluten-free bread is one of the best bread recipes I’ve tried so far! I also added some tips and tricks on how to make the perfect gluten-free, fluffy toast loaf.
As you probably know, I recently eliminated gluten from my diet. I discovered that my mom was gluten intolerant and I also had some symptoms, so I decided to completely give up gluten products. It wasn’t as hard as you may think. I wasn’t a huge fan of bread anyway. I’ll just have to be more careful with processed foods (like store-bought veg spreads and stuff like that) as they usually contain gluten.
Unfortunately, we don’t have a wide range of gluten-free products here. It’s pretty hard to even find gluten-free flour mixes! So, it’s going to be a little bit of a challenge until we get used to this lifestyle.
To make it easier, the whole family went gluten-free! We eliminated all gluten products from our pantry and decided to try some gluten-free bread recipes. I don’t like baking, so my dad is in charge of making gluten-free bread. This is his gluten-free bread recipe and it’s actually the third gluten-free bread he made. I was amazed by how delicious gluten-free bread recipes are!! You can barely tell the difference between a normal bread and a gluten-free one.
We used a gluten-free flour mix. Until we discover the best flour combination, we’ll be using this mix. We’re in the testing process. Also, you have to try the turmeric + olive oil coating and the gluten-free breadcrumbs crust. These are the details that matter! It will turn a regular gluten-free bread in a delicious treat!
Also, I made a Gluten-Free Baking board on Pinterest. Check it out!
If you have any tips on gluten-free baking, please leave a comment below. Thank you!
- 350g (12.3oz) Schar Mix B gluten-free flour
- 350ml (1 ½ cup) warm water
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil for the dough + 3 Tbsps olive oil for coating
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp fructose jellyfying agent - Dr.Oetker, optional, but highly recommended. It makes it even better.
- 7g (2 tsp) dry yeast
- 1-2 Tbsps gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsps black cumin
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- Add sugar and dry yeast in a small bowl, along with the warm water. Mix well.
- Add gluten-free flour mix and fructose gelling agent in your food processor. Pulse once or twice. Add warm water from the bowl. Blend for 1 minute. Add sea salt and 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Mix for 3-4 more minutes. Add black cumin and mix by hand.
- Grease the baking form with olive oil and sprinkle with gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Pour the dough in the baking form. Cover with a wet, clean cloth and let it rise in a warm place, for 30-40 minutes.
- When ready, put it in the pre-heated oven at 200C and bake it for 30 minutes.
- -see note-
- Add 3 Tbsps of olive oil in a small cup. Add a pinch of turmeric powder. Mix well.
- After 30 minutes of baking, take the bread out of the oven and coat it with the mix above.
- Put it back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the baking form and let it cool before slicing it.
Very important! Add a small recipient with water in the oven. The humidity in the oven must be high.
Amount Per Serving Calories 139Total Fat 4.4gCarbohydrates 21.3gProtein 3.5g