Change language / Schimba limba: Română
This is an amazing gluten-free vanilla cake recipe, topped with fresh fruits and covered in a delicious, sweet vanilla cream frosting!
Heeey! So good to be back! I missed cooking and writing on the blog. I had a super short vacation and a mini-getaway last weekend. I went to the seaside and took a break from all the work, stress, and school stuff. I wanted to share with you this gluten-free vanilla cake recipe last Wednesday, but I was a little bit lazy. Sorry.
Here are some photos from our trip to Vama Veche! 🙂 Hehe…we had a lot of fun and the weather was just perfect! The food was kind of crappy…but we drank a lot instead 😀
P.S. You can follow me on Instagram!
About this….AWESOME cake recipe! I’m not going to be modest at all, this was delicious! Can you believe this was my first baked cake…ever?! I only made raw vegan cakes so far and this was kind of new to me. I made this amazing gluten-free vanilla cake recipe for my mother’s birthday last week and it was a huge success!
Unfortunately, the recipe is not vegan, as it contains eggs. For the cake crust, I used the Gluten-Free Sweet Bread recipe. I am new to baking and especially gluten-free baking, so I didn’t want it to turn into a huge mess. By the way, if you have a tested gluten-free sweet bread recipe without eggs, please do tell!
Anyway, the creamy frosting is dairy-, sugar-, egg-free and it is actually raw! It was delicious! The semi-sweet taste with lemon and vanilla flavor goes great with fresh fruits!
This is one of my favorite gluten-free cakes by far! I’ll make another gluten-free/dairy-free cake recipe for Costin’s name day at the end of this month. This time, I’ll try something with chocolate. 😀
- 200g (7oz) Schar gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 115g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 120ml (½ cup) grapeseed oil + more for greasing the tray
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt
- 400g (2 cups) raw cashews, soaked overnight or for at least 1 hour
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- zest of 2 lemons
- one lemon's juice
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsps honey, or other healthy sweetener of choice
- Syrup and other ingredients
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 120ml (½ glass) water
- fruits: 2 kiwis, 10 strawberries, 1 tangerine
- 50g (½ cup) almond flakes
- Pre-heat oven at 356F/180C.
- Grease the sweet bread tray with some oil. The sizes of my tray are approx. 10cm x 30cm.
- Separate egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Whisk egg whites until foamy. Add sea salt.
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar, oil, vanilla extract and baking powder. Slowly add flour and incorporate. Add foamy egg white. Mix using a spatula.
- Pour the composition in the greased tray.
- Put it in the oven and let it bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Add all ingredients in your food processor and process until smooth and creamy. If you don't have a very powerful food processor, add cashews first and process until smooth, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine honey with water.
- Slice cake crust in two. It may have a small bump on the top, so slice that too. The layers should be smooth and straight.
- Put one cake layer on a cake platter. Slowly pour syrup evenly on top of it. Use half the quantity.
- Add some frosting. Spread evenly. Add some sliced fruits.
- Cover with the other cake layer. Add syrup all over it, like you did before.
- Spread the frosting all over the cake, on top and on sides. Use a blunt knife to spread it evenly.
- Decorate with fruits on top and almond flakes on the sides.
Amount Per Serving Calories 162Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 62mgSodium 90mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 2gSugar 17gProtein 4g
I strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. I encourage you to make your own calculations using your preferred nutrition calculator.